News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ban de Sapt - Vogesen - German/Bavarian units vicinity 9 Sept 1914

I am trying to track the higher headquarters of the 7. Battr, II. Bataillon, Bayerisches Reserve Fußartillerie-Regiment Nr. 1.

I have found the following on a Verlust List for b. Res. FussArt. Regt Nr. 1:

Wild, Eugen Einjähr.-Freiwilliger Unteroffizier 7. Bttr.; 16.09.1914; Todes- / Vermisstenort: bei Ban de Sapt (Vogesen), Frankreich; gefallen; Letzte Ruhestätte/Stadt: Deutsch/Franz. Soldatenfriedhof Senones (Arrondissement Saint-Dié-des-Vosges)

Perhaps someone has a reference which places a certain division or Armeekorps fighting in the Ban de Sapt area of the Vogesen o/a 9 Sept 1914.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have found him. Wild Eugen, born 30.9.1878 in Munich, salesman, married, 1 child. Einjährig Freiwilliger.

He was Unteroffizier der Landwehr 2. Reserve-Fußartillerie Regiment (Metz), he moved to the 1. bay Reserve Fuß Artillerie on the 5th August 1914.

He died on the 30. August 1914 in Frambois.

Your date, the 16th september, is the date of the missinglist.

Sorry, but I have no answer to your question about the higher comands. My knowledge about military formations is very modest.

Look at the autograph, it's Hugo Meiler !

regards Andreas

Edited by spolei

Andreas, fantastisch! Ich bin sehr dankbar. Jeder Stück info ist hilfreich.

Hugo Meiler signature - huge bonus.

Fraimbois was probably the II. bay. AK area during that time. If he died on 30 August, he was very near to my other recent research subject Alois Plinganser, 5. Battr. 12. bFAR, who died on 24 August somewhere in the vicinity no more than 10km away.

1. bay. FussArt. Regt was supporting in this area as well. and it was the main area for the 6. Armee's attack to seize the Gap of Charmes. I'm certain 1. bay. Reserve FussArt. Regt was part of 6. Armee. And I'm beginning to suspect it was an Armee level asset instead of attached to a Korps.

Hello IG!

In the book, I recommended (you´ve got my PM), is mentioned for the II./Res.Fußart.Rgt.1)
    26.August-11.September: Schlacht von Nancy, Einsatz nördl. von Lunéville (bayer. I.Res.Korps)

The 7th battery was named in 1./Res.Rgt.2 in nov., 11, 1917.

Commanders of the battery:

Hauptmann Meiler (1.8.14-18.11.16)

Lt.d.R. Eberwein (19.11.16-22.3.17)

Olt. Zollmann (23.3.17- 11.11.17)