News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Officer's Dress Cap

A current day officer's dress visor cap for the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards; to me, the flashiest officer's cap in the British Army. I've wanted one for some time.

This one is essentially brand new, made, as usual, by Herbert Johnson.

BobS

• 4 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...

Nothing ostentatious about that! I mean, it doesn't have a three foot purple plumes or light up buttons. Just Typically British subdued elegance. And, of course, the absolute certainty that you'll never be mistaken for a member of a 'lesser regiment' [ie: any other regiment on the Army List].

Seriously though, I quite like the Grey's cap. The other is a wee touch loud for my plebeian tastes. ;)

Thank you, sir, for the unsolicited testimonial!

BTW, my youngest will be arriving in SA at the end of January, for at least one term at the Uni in Cape Town. I'm thankful that she has decided to live in student housing, though off campus, and am scheming to get her a can of 'bear spray' to take with her. It is sold in stores here in Canada for hikers. The rest of the world knows it as 'Mace' and, of course, one is totally forbidden from using it on potential assailants! Or is there an SA equivalent?

Very nice Bob, here is my recently restored SD cap for the forerunner regiment the Royal Scots Greys, another Herbert Johnson from the circa 1950s.

attachicon.gifroyal scots greys sd cap 1.jpg

attachicon.gifroyal scots greys 6.jpg

attachicon.gifRoyal Scots Greys officers S&G cap badge obverse oblique.jpg

Looks great Jerry. Congratulations. I have the badge, but no cap!