News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Indonesian Section so far..

kapten_windu

More than a year I'm not active in this forum due to workload (I was on Deloitte as an Auditor, often traveling to some region here), but it doesn't mean I stop collecting,

I still get some nice orders and medals, buying and trading with friends.

After celebrating 69th Indonesia Independence day (August 17th 2014), I took some photos:

Note: the Grand Star and sash there, the Bintang RI Pratama (Bintang RI 4th class) is one of only two Bintang RI Pratama ever awarded.

Cheers,

Windu

Welcome back. :) Very nice collection Windu. :cheers: I would be interested in hearing more about the grouping you posted.

Note: the Grand Star and sash there, the Bintang RI Pratama (Bintang RI 4th class) is one of only two Bintang RI Pratama ever awarded.

Are you saying that is one of the 2 awarded? Do you know who it belonged too?

Thanks for posting

Sincerely

Larry

Welcome back. :) Very nice collection Windu. :cheers: I would be interested in hearing more about the grouping you posted.

Are you saying that is one of the 2 awarded? Do you know who it belonged too?

Thanks for posting

Sincerely

Larry

Thank you, that Bintang RI is either Admiral RE Martadinata or Police General Soekarno Djojonagoro. I don't know which because no documents came with the order. Both awarded on 17 August 1963. The medals are mostly unrelated, except the 2nd picture, which most likely a real group.

Good to hear from you Windu... glad that you are OK.

Any chance of some pictures of individual awards (as in, ones that would work on my website)?

I'll take their individual photos for you Megan. Can you PM me your email? So I can send a good resolution pictures for you.. :)

Windu

• 4 weeks later...

Windu has now very kindly sent me some nice pictures, so I shall be working on the Indonesian section of my site for a bit... delayed by having just got a job which is boding fair to be a real dream job at the University of Aston, creating distance learning courses!

As things progress, I'll post on GMIC as well, though.