News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lanciers Rouges

Laurence Strong

28mm Perry figure.

A quick fun paint job, took about 20 minutes. A high ranking hanger on for my future Napoleon's HQ. For size reference he is based on a 3/8" flat washer which is 13/16" or 21mm wide ...not sure how the washer ended up in my pocket,

He represents a high ranking officer from the "2e régiment de chevau-légers lanciers de la Garde Impériale (2nd regiment of light cavalry lancers of the Imperial Guard), also known as the Lanciers Rouges (Red Lancers), they were a light cavalry lancer regiment in Napoleon I's Imperial Guard. They were formed in 1810, after the Kingdom of Holland was annexed by France, but their original purpose was to serve as hussars of the Dutch Royal Guard.

Cheers

Larry

Thanks Colin :)

Fine pointy tips and most brushes are between 0 - 3 with a back up squad of 10-0's for the small work :) that and 4.5 powered reading glasses......been doing "Braille scale" for years, always liked building armies. Started as a kid with the Airfix Nappy figures, Romans, and ACW with the Indians thrown in for good measure.....more playing than painting in those days :D

:cheers:

Larry

• 1 month later...

I'm working on a 28mm diorama of Ney leading the 8e Cuirassiers at Waterloo. Long-term project.

Colin

Hi Colin

Looking forward to seeing the end result. Are you going to incorporate some of Perry Bros "Cuirassiers hit by canister volley"?

Funny that you mention this, I am in the process of putting the finishing touches on a squadron of "Les gros frères" on their black Boulonnais steeds. Needed to refill my beer, so I came upstairs and took a quick break.

I will be posting photo's this weekend.

Cheers

Larry

Edited by Laurence Strong

• 2 weeks later...

nice "little" paint job. i can never get the plumes right.

Thanks

All I did was paint them white . The last part of my process involves "The Dip"...this adds the shadowing to the feathers. It's basically a wash and a varnish finish, that I use. This helps keeps the paint from flaking off thru excessive handling.

http://shop.thearmypainter.com/products.php?ProductGroupId=1

http://www.thearmypainter.com/videogallery.php?videoid=2

The only thing I do different than the tutorial shown is - at $30 a can - I brush it on fairly thick, let it sit a bit, then with a new brush I remove the excess build up.

Cheers

Larry

Edited by Laurence Strong