News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Services Boxing Association Medal

Hi all,

I didn't want to stick it under the official campaign medals sub-forum, so I stick it up here.

Yesterday I picked up this sport medal. This piece catches my eye because amazing quality. Also it is named on the reverse. I don't know anything about boxing association, so any advise and help would be great. Also why there is as well grandson mentioned, any ideas???

Basically, is this piece in some level researchable? I presume Johnny Hyde was an officer, am I correct here?

Thanks for looking!

Thanking you in advance who can advise,

Timo

Hi Timo. The British Army had many sporting associations and this was obviously one of the many boxing ones.

Unless the hallmark is on the rim, then this is not silver. I expect the family had his grandson named as they were

perhaps, very close - or, he may have died about the time of his birth. Having gone to this trouble it is a shame

that it has gone from the family.

How are your exams going ? Mervyn