News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello there,

this is my first post here at GMIC !

was looking for some opinions on these two, left had side one has the Octagon and 57 just no print.

whats the opinions of these pieces from the membership here from the pictures provided?

have been told the absence of the print on the one is not to worry about and did happen, and that they are both manufactured at different times so are not a pair.

thank you!

;)

Nice items.

The one marked 'Allach' is definitely original Third Reich.

The other one could be post-war, made from a wartime mould.

Many Allach moulds were used post-war.

Like this well-known Allach-pattern Dachshund pup, later used by the Sauermann company ...............

Jock thanks for the Welcome mate!

could you please pm me with a mods name to i see above getting my old non posting account here back?

cheers!!

Robin , thanks for the opinion, i like your hund! Rosenthal also make a nice one the same!

as i figured on the left hand piece , i will get them and photo them better than they are!

thanks a lot!

One is just later than the other it would seem. New manufacturer would have a new model number and mark, reject would be met with a slash through the maker mark. Heavier glaze application and a weary mold is what your looking at here. Post war molds were used but commercial pieces such as the candle holders is where you see the most material and process changes along with mold use. So what is generally inconsistant is changes in molds and availability of the pieces in order to take notice of such changes where rarer pieces do not allow such a view.