News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The liner is in amazing condition.

I would look more carefully! At least two of the tongues are torn and probably the hidden one also has issues (why is it hidden in the pics?)...

Anyway it's still a nice helmet, but not the perfect one.

Just my two cents of course...

Adler 1

I will get some better pics this weekend.

Following is clear, the helmet is a repaint... you can see the inner dome (below the liner rims) are almost perfect factory painted light green. The outside and inner upper part (up to the liner) are rough painted darker green.

I cannot say if it was painted in 1918, or in 1928, but it is a very old repaint, the aging wear and rust has long since worn through.

There are blobs of paint on the liner rims as well, so that has been in there for ever as well.

Leather pads are dated 1918 and have also been in there since before any of us were born.

Did this helmet leave the factory like this? No.

Having said that, I think any wear, tear or repair dates back to the time when this was being used, even if it was after 1918...

All in all, i am happy with it :-)

Just an interesting pont... I have a leaflet handed out in 1916 telling soldiers how to care for the new steeel helmets, included was the instruction to repaint them as soon as the original paint began to wear through....