News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Christmas 1917

Hi Guys - I posted this one on the WAF last year but it is entirely appropriate to show it here again for the Christmas holiday. It is vaulted and marked 800 on the pin - undoubtedly a gift to a recipient. One of my favorites...

That is a very nice and obviously well worn cross...

Its kinda frustrating that the engraver did not put some hint as to who it was for...

it is a WAG, but when I was in the army the company always gave X-Mas presents, one was a KaBar with "Christmas 1991" engraved on it... I think I still have an old towel with "Christmas 199?" embroidered on it somewhere....

Maybe there is no name because all the EK1 recipients in a specific unit recieved a nice domed cross from the CO ?

Interesting, as I never really thought it could have come from the unit. Was definitely thinking of a sweetheart of family member.

Hi,

it is of course pure supposition on my part, but I would have thought a family may have put the name and/or some personal details on the back... A company commander (or something) would maybe have said "I need 5 Crosses with "Xmas 1917" on them..."

Of course, I was not there, there are probably 100 different possibilities about who where and why...