News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

US Special Forces Atomic Bomb...

Ouch! That's cold. :angry: I'm not sure I believe it either, though the US has been accused of equally cynical tactics in all sorts of areas. That sort of thing tends to be counter productive, IMHO, because word inevitably gets out among the troops, which tends to do bad things for morale!

That sort of thing tends to be counter productive, IMHO, because word inevitably gets out among the troops, which tends to do bad things for morale!

Not if it happens behind enemy lines. No one expected to get back to the West after the mission was complete. The team I was on intended to E&R to the east and attempt to cross the Bering Straits after a couple of years of walking.

Peter, we were assigned a target on the Polish plains. The radar coverage maps showed interlocking coverage down to 50' agl. We asked the MC130 pilots what the infiltration plan was. They said they would fly low and slow and pretend to be a helicopter. I asked them what will they do when air traffic control picked them up and asked them to identify themselves (in Russian). They said they would ignore it.

We (the team) decided we would don parachutes and be hooked up to the static line anchor cable before we crossed the FLOT.

This thread got me thinking about the olden days. Here is a little reminder of the year I spent as an instructor at the Atomic Demolitions Munitions School. I was given this instead of a plaque when I left. If you read the above posted article closely you can figure out what it is/was.