News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Another Bund Helmet

Guys,

Not much out there today but this was in the skip!  This one has its cover and looks pretty well unused.

Odd that the release catch on the chin strap states 'Press' in English?  If any instruction is needed you would think it would be in German.

Nice model 826 Gefechtshelm Jock ! In service with the BW since the early 90's........the cover will be specific for a model of helmet, marked for either Gefechtshelm "G" or Stahlhelm "S" with size number on the white side of the cover......pity I have no TR pieces to swop !!

By the way, the civilian 1980's thro to present day BMW system motorcycle helmet also had "press" in English on the fastener !

Prost ! Steve.

Edited by SteveL

Steve,

Strange that they have always been ahead of the game with kit.  It is well designed and comfortable and I don't doubt efective too.  While we moved away from tin to those horible green efforts.  I am glad the lads and lasses finaly have something comparable with this in the Mark 7.  This was with the uniform but it will be sold on as work clothing etc, as my pal said not many people wear these to work!  Have you really shifted all of your WW1 & " stuff that you had on WRF?  That didn't take long if you have.

Steve,

Strange that they have always been ahead of the game with kit. It is well designed and comfortable and I don't doubt efective too. While we moved away from tin to those horible green efforts. I am glad the lads and lasses finaly have something comparable with this in the Mark 7. This was with the uniform but it will be sold on as work clothing etc, as my pal said not many people wear these to work! Have you really shifted all of your WW1 & " stuff that you had on WRF? That didn't take long if you have.

All my Imperial stuff went last year, very quickly and for good money, it was re invested in early BW tunics, equipment and the 1957 awards, giving me access to high end stuff......it was time after some decades to switch collecting interests.

Prost ! Steve.

Edited by SteveL

Steve,

I think you are ahead of the game and have baled at exactly the right time and hats off to you!  It will always be dificult to predict the next collectable for a new generation.  I think we have all missed the boat, it will be computer based stuff early gamers etc?  I see no kids joining us in our hobby?  I have watched your progress on WRF with your new hobby and it is interesting just not my bag, I am a child of my time therfore the WW2 years are my interest, I can't help myself, LOL?