News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Phaleristic Collection

LaCollPhaleristique

Dear all,

I would like to introduce my website exhibiting my collection of French medals and especially of Legion d'Honneur.

I plan to make an English version but for the moment all the description are in French due to lack of time.

www.lacollectionphaleristique.com

I hope it will bring you useful information on this subject and all your comments are welcome

Thank you

La Collection Phaleristique

Thank you both for your posts and your welcome. :)

'photo a venir' means that I have other medals from my collection to add on the website but I still have not found the time to work on it.

It takes a lot of time to build such a site and it is my first one so I am not always efficient in building it.

Anyway, I hope it will bring useful information to anyone interested by this topic. ;)

Hello La Collection Phaleristique (couldn't you have chosen a shorter name?)

Great site you have, I have been around and yes, a marvelous collection. But then I have a question. I have just got this which I take as a miniature as it's 16 mm wide.

But this one have white enamelled arms and the one you have have blue enamelled arms. What's does the difference in colours means, I presume there's a difference? 

Regards, Lars

Hello Lars,

Sorry for the name...you can call me Bob if it is more convenient.

Regarding the colors of enamels, there is officially no difference in meaning.  The decoration du Lys is not an order so people were more or less free to create different models.

Regards

Bonjour Bob,

Thank you for the nice comments.

I am quite interested to know whether you have any Original boxes/cases for Legion d'Honneur prior to Second Empire.

Most of the Original boxes I have seen are from 2nd Empire till modern days.

When i get an Order from certain period usually I try to get the matching miniature and box/case.

Best

Graf

Hello Graf,

Your box is very nice and extremly rare in Commendeur.

I do not collect boxes and miniatures, not because I do not like them, but simply because I find it hard enough to collect "normal size" medals...Maybe one day!

However I have two boxes from la Maison Halley from 2nd Empire: one for a Grand Officier and one for a Chevalier modèle des Cent Gardes.

As far as I remember I have only seen one box dating from prior to 2nd Empire. It was for a first empire miniature cross from the manufacterer Coudray (or Biennais as we like to say...). On the box was written the name of the owner.

Best

Edited by LaCollPhaleristique

Hello Bob,

Thank you

Yes it is impossible to collect everything One has to focus only on certain topic.

Because i collect other Orders my LOH Collection is not as impressive as yours

I like the miniatures. I try to find matching ones for my Standard or 1/2 sazes Orders

To be honest i have not seen more advanced as yours before. I suppose that there are other collectors out there with very advanced collections, however not many  are eager to share them

Yes ,the boxes from the periods earlier to 2nd Empire appear to be mainly  custom  made ones.

I suspect the official boxes started form the Second Empire.

I will be curious to see the box for the " Cent Gardes".....if not a problem for you.

I have the  standard boxes for Officer and Knight Classes

Regards

Graf

Look at the bottom right of the 'Reply to this topic' box: you'll see the 'Post' button and next to it a 'More Reply Options' one. Click on that.

Now you will see below the 'Attach Files' options. Use the 'Browse' button to find the image you want on your computer. Then click on 'Attach This File'. Once you have done this you will see a thumbnail of the image. To the right of it you see a link 'Add to Post' - click on that the insert the image... it will go wherever you have the insertion point, you may need to click in the right place in the reply text box before clicking on Add to Post to get it where you want it.