News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Uniform Underwear

Eric,

What is with that bigger than normal mess tin? I remember seeing similar on a horse at the begining of the film 'The Longest day'. When 'Goldfinger' is riding up to the bunkers? I have never seen any others like it until now.

Edited by Jock Auld

Jock kit is a m1887 pattern,

Chip the shirt is 1913 dated I'll take more pictures the braces are private purchase from an old soldiers personal items pre W1 from the odds and ends he had I think he was a official not combat he'd be too old.

Chip re: shirts what is normal? over here everyone started copying a shirt belonging to B.Combs.

Eric

Its pullover the puppy goes way down past his nads the left front has ink stamps, some idiot dry cleaned it imo,, underneath is his undershirt I'll take pics of that too.

Chip do you have em issue braces? only pair I've ever seen were in a private museum along with a pr of socks.

Eric

Eric,

OK, yes the shirt is an issue one. I haven't looked at mine in so long I forgot how low down the placket went.

No Hosenträger and no socks. Not that I haven't been looking.....

Chip

Edited by Chip

Were these white drill trousers ever reproduced?   Compared to other uniform components, these things seem to pop up quite often?

I have two of them and sort of curious about authenticity.  

One has a depot stamp and size, the other just has a size stamp.  

I dont have photos on hand at the moment, but I can try to grab some this evening. 

Were these white drill trousers ever reproduced?

Absolutely re-enactment suppliers have them made,,,true originals don't sell for a great deal relatively, stamps labels dates are a plus and probably a lot were left in barracks and 'Kammers' I think is the word,

Who knows they may have even been thrown at the soldiers for extra underwear that's why I show them.

Eric

Thanks Hoss..  I'll get some photos and measurements of my drill trousers.  

They are pretty small and most reenactors are VERY huge (haha)... so, perhaps we can use that as one way to tell authenticity?  (I kid, I kid...).  ;)

Eric,

OK, yes the shirt is an issue one. I haven't looked at mine in so long I forgot how low down the placket went.

No Hosentäger and no socks. Not that I haven't been looking.....

Chip

Thanks Chip and 'placket' is a lot better than "past his nads"  :lol: I took some extra pics I hope you can help me on an ink stamp Gents?

Eric

Thanks Hoss..  I'll get some photos and measurements of my drill trousers.  

They are pretty small and most reenactors are VERY huge (haha)... so, perhaps we can use that as one way to tell authenticity?  (I kid, I kid...).   ;)

extra photos my pair have a label tag and ankle tape, sorry the lighting went a bit funny in some pictures.

Eric

Eric,

That mark you asked about is Mecklenburg Jäger Bataillon No.14 (M.J.B.No.14). You had once asked me if I had any extra shirts and by the look of things, you didn't need any more! I don't think I have all of mine photographed. I may have some pictures of my Austrian issue set. They are similar, as you might expect, but have some very unique features.

Chip

One day I have to buy you a camera.  :)

Eric,

No, you just have to give me enough money so I can retire and have the time to photograph everything.

Also, I don't have a nice mannequin or a decent setting for a photo-shoot. Perhaps with time.....

Well I don't have money either I may have to hock me camera the dark background is a blanket off the bed, and the blighter is photographed next to the kitchen 'area' to adjust the lighting. 

Us poor souls Chip. :lol: I gave up on lotto tickets its just a dream now......blimey! I feel like doing meself in.

Eric

playing again, I hope you gents don't mind this time with a jumper these sweaters are probably still made today so I may never know for sure, didn't cost much out of rough ersatz wool.

Cheers