News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

This has always been the source of great irritation for me - trying to identify uniform ranks and patches which I can never find online.

Can anyone tell me what this guy's rank and unit is?

Any idea of the medals displayed on his ribbon bar will be an added bonus :)

The man's name is Hermann Walter.

Thanks a lot,

Matt.

He´s a Luftwaffe official with a rank equal to major, His ribbon bar: WWI EK2, Hessen Bravery Medal (I think), Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer, Long Service Award (?). In his button hole he wears the War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords ribbon.  

His ribbon bar: WWI EK2, Hessen Bravery Medal (I think), Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer, Long Service Award (?). In his button hole he wears the War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords ribbon.  

I concur with that list and I would add that the last ribbon is very likely the Long Service award due to the Luftwaffe eagle clasp in it.

Great photo.  As stated, his rank title is unknown without knowing his career specialty or the color of the center layer between the shoulder board. I love Luftwaffe beamte.  Is there anything written on the back of the photo?

Hi Paul,

I have been browsing the web about the Luftwaffe Admin units and I saw your name crop up, so I knew it would peak your interest. :)

I have sent you a p.m.

All the best,

Matt.

Edited by Mattyboy