News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I kind of like the general look of it, I would out of curiosity put a UV light over the piping and collar boards and arm badges.  I have seen a lot of these sort unissued and only with the breast eagle applied before (1990s).  What do you think about it, are you happy with it?

UV Light test is sort of meaningless, as there have been period things that glow.  Phosphates have been around for a long time, even before ww2.  The only thing that worries me is the the attachment of the collar tabs. I would like to see the front of the collar tabs.  Something strikes me as odd about the thread used to attach them to the tunic.  It could be OK, but I want to see more images before I am happy with the set.  The eagle looks 100% wartime applied. 

I think in this context it would not be meaningless as I am sure the breast eagle is factory applied and original but if lets say all the other insignia lights up like a disco then it may be safe to assume it is post war applied in this case?  It is not infalable but it is a useful tool if you suspect the stiching is dodgy, which we both do?  I have one similar deressed as an engineer.