News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fire Brigade Badges

Ralph A

As Nick Komiya responded to you on the Wehrmacht forum, 

They are all post war fire dept badges from various cities in Japan. It would hardly matter to the buyer which city, so just sell as a lot of assorted badges.

Translating each one would a time-consuming task, and since you are going to sell them (as you admitted), it seems like hard work for no reason. Just group list or ID each one as a FB badge.

It matters to me.

I believe #2 is an "exemplary service" badge.

#3 I remember as being a "Chiba Prefecture" something.

#5 I dimly remember as something from Hiroshima. . . but memory being what it is. . .

It seemed to me that the WAF thread went as far as it was going to. Therefore I turned to my friends at GMIC.

There is a Chinese woman who works in my office, she has been invaluable in translating Japanese characters. I'll ask her, although I dislike bothering her when there is a wealth of information here . . . or so I thought . . .

I think I'll keep the set, instead of dumping it off as a bunch of disparate, unidentified badges. . . after I took the trouble of putting it together for a friend, who passed away before I could present it to him.

As I explained at WAF.

Thanks anyway. Sorry to bother you.

• 1 year later...