News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

which order is it ?

lilo

Dear All,

I have attached a photo of a high ranking and very important person belonging to the Italian Fascist party in the years 1922-1945.

What I would like to establish is what is the Breast Star (see the photo below) he is wearing :

May it be the Spanish AL MERITO EN CAMPAÑA  ?

Or what else ?

Hoping in your hel

ATB

Lilo

Looks like Crown of Italy sash under his officer's blue sash--thus, star could be Italian Crown.  A 'blot' seems apparent on upper star ray which may be the eagle of Savoy as on Italian Crown GC star.  Seems to be an Italian Colonial Order of the Star GC star beneath; cannot venture positive opinion on  other star [maybe Sts. Maurice & Lazarus Grand Officer star?].

Hi 922F,

Many thanks for your replay !

Please, find attached 3 different types (different manufacturers) of the Breast Stars for the GC of the Crown of Italy : I agree with your idetification for many reasons altghout there is something in the shape of the perimeter of the breast stars and that in the photo I posted before that don't convince me 100% unless the 'blot' (i.e. the Eagle of Savoy) you refer is that on the 'hour 8' of the breast star in the B/W photo : am I correct ?  

You are also correct in the identification of the 'Italian Colonial Order of the Star GC star beneath';

The other star is completely unrecognizable but I agree with you again that it could be the 'Sts. Maurice & Lazarus Grand Officer star'

ATB

Lilo

Edited by lilo

Please, find attached 3 different types (different manufacturers) of the Breast Stars for the GC of the Crown of Italy : I agree with your idetification for many reasons altghout there is something in the shape of the perimeter of the breast stars and that in the photo I posted before that don't convince me 100% unless the 'blot' (i.e. the Eagle of Savoy) you refer is that on the 'hour 8' of the breast star in the B/W photo : am I correct ?  

This is what I mean (see the photo attached :

Edited by lilo

Yes, there seems to be a 'blot' on the uppermost star ray in the image suggesting the Savoyard eagle on the Crown Order stars you kindly posted. Is this Italo Balbo?  He looks familiar but cannot remember Balbo wearing his moustache in this style.  I know that Balbo eventually held grand crosses of the Crown, Colonial Star and Maurice & Lazarus among his many decorations.  

6_zps64c3a84a.jpg

• 1 year later...