News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 70
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest Richard van Kempen

Very nice group John

I'm looking for a group like that myself to go with my Kolonialer Taschenatlas wink.gif

Richard

Guest Richard van Kempen

Close up of the first page - note the collour pencil of the annexed parts of Poland chzech. and France.

• 6 months later...

John, I just wanted to add my pins for comparison. The pin-back has the cicle S and the miniature a totally diferent mark. Would anyone know what that one is? I will also show my membership book if that is OK. If I am posting too much let me know and I will stop for a few days and only browse. Happy New Year! Robert

John, I just wanted to add my pins for comparison. The pin-back has the cicle S and the miniature a totally diferent mark. Would anyone know what that one is? I will also show my membership book if that is OK. If I am posting too much let me know and I will stop for a few days and only browse. Happy New Year! Robert

Posting too much!! Please keep it up my friend, we need more input....... Please do post the book, is there a membership number in the book anywhere? It's not something I'd thought about until Bob mentioned it.

As to the maker marks, the "S" in a circle or oval is well known for this badge, but I don't as yet know who it actually was. I can't quite make out the other, what letters are they?

Cheers

Don

Posted on behalf of Robert as the size is just over the limit.

Cheers

Don

Thank You Don, I just wanted to add that with my less-than-perfect interpretation Herr Baumeister came from a long line of metalsmiths. If I'm not mistaken Baumeister basically means master builder and schlosser is a metal worker or something of that sort. I notice also that John's Karte has the membership number written and mine is stamped. John, what years of dues stamps are in yours? Mine goes from 1938 thru 1940 with one stamp standing alone different than all the rest with a big capital A in the center. :D

Thanks Again for posting for me Don! Robert

Hi,

Robert you are right with the name.I noticed the same as Robert when I saw the membership card.Old German names originate mostly either from a profession or a place.So this looks like he took a profession close to his predecessor?s,which must have been a member of the guild for construction related professions.

Cheers

Hi Don,

In answer to your question on the issue date of the 'Mitgliedskarte'... the only date is the one mentioned, 7th July '39. Could this be due to the owners previous books (membership being on a 3 yearly basis?) becoming full of subscription stamps and a new book being issued??

The pencilled member number would certainly suggest a replacement.

• 3 months later...
    • 3 months later...

Hi Robert,

well now that I have wracked my brain,too,about the maker I noticed it might not even be FB,but a H with the F and B inside!My first guess was Funcke&Br?ninghaus now I switch to F.Hoffst?tter Bonn :speechless:

Best