News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

U-505

Fantastic pictures ! I really like the way they've made it 'operational' with all the fresh food stowed on the boat. It reminds me of the series 'Das Boot'.

John :food-smiley-004:

Excellent pictures. Thanks. It's been many years since I have visited the actual display.

The story of getting the boat through the Great Lakes, out of Lake Michigan and over Chicago's outer drive to its final display location is a story almost as interesting as the capture.

Guest nelson

excellent series of photos, thanks very much, just confirms my believe that you would have never got me in one of those things!!

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

To all those interested, if you have not seen the U-505 in the last month and half you really need to see it again. I went to the member's preview night on June 1, 2005 with some friends from MCF. The new exhibit is awesome. The first view of the boat is totally breath taking. The rest of the exhibit has also expanded. If you go, look for the SA sports badge to see if it is still upside down. We told the curator about it and I am curious to see if they corrected it.

Bill

Edited by luftguy