News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Glory 3rd Class to a U.S. Naval Reservist

I cannot wait. When do you start taking pre-orders?

Ahhh...let's get to the "it's now a real book!" stage first. ;) There are a lot of steps in the publishing process before due dates can officially be set. Of course, I will post that all on the forum so that way people will know when to expect it. At this point, I don't even know if anyone at the publisher has been able to read through it...it's 140,000 words, so it's a pretty long-reading book.

• Replies 72
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave,

Apropos. Currently on the well-known auction site. Per the item description: "ORIGINAL RARE WWII RIBBON BAR RACK TO USN PILOT WITH BRITISH DFC/RUSSIAN ORDER OF GLORY. Bought from local veteran's estate. Very rare custom embroidered rack to a WWII/Korea Naval Aviator who earned US & British DFC, Russian Order of Glory 3rd Class etc. He was one of very few Naval Aviators with this medal combination. Both were awarded for his part in destroying a German U-boat. A copy of his military bio will be included. Guaranteed original!"

Good luck.

Regards,

slava1stclass

Incidentally, this officer's medals are included in the book (they are BEAUTIFUL...) :love:

Ahhh...let's get to the "it's now a real book!" stage first. ;) There are a lot of steps in the publishing process before due dates can officially be set. Of course, I will post that all on the forum so that way people will know when to expect it. At this point, I don't even know if anyone at the publisher has been able to read through it...it's 140,000 words, so it's a pretty long-reading book.

Pesh, publishers don't read through books, they just look at the pictures (joke :D) hehehehe :D I am hopping there are many photos ! :D hehehe

Edited by Rogi

Pesh, publishers don't read through books, they just look at the pictures (joke :D) hehehehe :D I am hopping there are many photos ! :D hehehe

There are many, many, many photos..... I tried to make the book something people like me (who would rather look at photos than read) could enjoy... :D

There are many, many, many photos..... I tried to make the book something people like me (who would rather look at photos than read) could enjoy... :D

I would give you a thumbs up smiley for this post, if I could :D or a "like" :) hehehe :)

• 7 months later...

That is one strange cover for a book that has

Soviet Military Medals to U.S. Sea Service

in its title

attachicon.gif9780764348297.jpg

:o

I dunno...I kind of like the red color. :) On the spine and reverse are photos of Soviet medals...Admiral Hewitt's Kutuzov 1st Class on the spine and then a Nakhimov medal, two orders of Glory 3rd Class and a couple order books. :) The US medals on the front cover are to (hopefully) relay the fact that it's not just a book about Soviet medals, but also about some very nice US medals as well!

• 2 months later...

Amazon is running a pre-order sale on them. This is a bargain price for the typical Schiffer book. And, of course, I know it will be a good book 'cause I wrote it. :D (Not to mention visiting 121 families and photographing their medals and documents!) :)

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Seas-Red-Stars-Recipients/dp/0764348299

You'll just have to wait till August to get your copy...but if you don't mind saving $19 in the process, now's a good time to buy it!

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon is running a pre-order sale on them. This is a bargain price for the typical Schiffer book. You'll just have to wait till August to get your copy...but if you don't mind saving $19 in the process, now's a good time to buy it!

​Thank you! It's a great option.

Sounds like a wonderfully unique book! I can't wait to read it...

• 5 months later...
    • 1 month later...

Pre-odered in March.. Still waiting.. :(

That's okay...I'm the author and I'm still waiting. It was supposed to be out in August, but there were some delays and now it looks like it will be out in November. Such is life in the publishing world - it has been 18 months since I turned it in to the publisher. 

It's alive!

Just got the first hard copy from the publisher last night! They should be available for delivery in 4-6 weeks (this one came via airmail, the others are coming via sea...)

Almost there!

Dave

10-29-2015 11-45-10 AM.jpg

10-29-2015 11-42-49 AM.jpg

10-29-2015 11-42-21 AM.jpg

10-29-2015 11-45-34 AM.jpg

The price on Amazon is really good right now for pre-orders...just for what it's worth...

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Seas-Red-Stars-Recipients/dp/0764348299

• 1 month later...

I got my book today... It is an AMAZING BOOK!!! I knew it was good but it exceeded my expectations by 200%... :love:

Amazing photos, great stories... Absolute must-have (and read) book!

Dave, thank you very much for all your hard work! I can't imagine how you managed to do it by yourself but it's a brilliant book.

Alex

4 hours ago, Liopa said:

I got my book today... It is an AMAZING BOOK!!! I knew it was good but it exceeded my expectations by 200%... :love:

Amazing photos, great stories... Absolute must-have (and read) book!

Dave, thank you very much for all your hard work! I can't imagine how you managed to do it by yourself but it's a brilliant book.

Alex

Alex-

Thank you so much for the kind words! I truly appreciate them! (If you could give it a review on Amazon, that would be great!) :)

Dave

• 2 years later...

I have got recently the book and would like to express my admiration!!! What a great book! Both content and presentation. My congrats to the author on this achievement. 

This book will be surely a reference book for everyone interested and engaged in the subject!

Well done and thank you!!!