News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What do you know about Bavarian MVOs and MVKs

Servus Scottplen,

I don't like it at all. Hemmerle-MVKs 1st Class Krone Swords always 
    have multi-part front medallions made of gold. 
    There were no silver-gilt medallions. These MVKs are made with 
    absolute quality. Compare my picture in the post above.
    Here are a few more examples of original Hemmerle medallions for 
    this 1st Kr. X. Leser has one-piece front medallions made of gold, 
    also of outstanding quality.

Many greetings

Walter

MVK 1 Kr X 002v.jpg

MVK 1 Kr X 012v.jpg

6 MVK 1 Kr X Hemmerle Medaillon.jpg

1m.jpg

• 4 months later...
    On 09/02/2022 at 10:09, saschaw said:

This has been the nicest of two or three of this type that I had so far.

The nicest of the gilt type, to be accurate... six years ago, I had an early WW1 era cross in gold by Gebr. Hemmerle as well. It was produced from an old Hausinger or Elchinger made cross by adding crown and swords, and maybe the flames as well, in case this originally was a knight's cross 2nd class.

Authentic pieces of this rarity and quality are not often to be seen, which is a shame... because they're certainly fun!

R01789 - 02741 c2.jpeg

R01789 - 02741 d2.jpeg

Edited by saschaw

• 5 months later...

Hi guys I have acquired this MVO 2nd class last month. There is a GEB.H 750 stamp on the lower arm and a 585 inside of the ring. Can anyone help to identify the circa date of this? Pre-WWI or WWI period? And anyone knows where to buy an original ribbon for this MVO 2nd class? Appreciate your help, thx

mvo2.jpg

mvo1.jpg

And I am also very interested in the hallmark on the ring (2nd picture). Anyone knows what kind of hallmark is it? Thanks

mvo4.jpg

MVO3.jpg

Edited by eos512

Hello, beautiful Hemmerle piece. It is an MVO with genuine gold medallions. The award period should be until the end of 1916, from then on silver-gilt pieces were officially issued. Of course, returned pieces may have been issued later. The MVO with swords should be from the war period. How is the band ring stamped on the inside?
    Regards Andreas

6 hours ago, spolei said:

Hello, beautiful Hemmerle piece. It is an MVO with genuine gold medallions. The award period should be until the end of 1916, from then on silver-gilt pieces were officially issued. Of course, returned pieces may have been issued later. The MVO with swords should be from the war period. How is the band ring stamped on the inside?
    Regards Andreas

Thank you Andreas. It is stamped as "585". Correct me if i am wrong, it should be a genuine MVO2 in GOLD, right?

And do you know where I can buy a ribbon of this one?

Edited by eos512

• 4 weeks later...
    7 hours ago, waldo said:
    The book from Sascha Zimmermann is with the publisher 
    and should be finished this year.

Many greetings

Excellent, that will be an important addition to the field of phaleristics.

Kind regards,

Sandro

• saschaw changed the title to What do you know about Bavarian MVOs and MVKs
    • 4 months later...

Here's a knight's cross 2nd class, made by Adam Hausinger from Munich. Despite a total of more than 2,500 crosses without swords being awarded between 1866 and 1905, such crosses are quite hard to come by today. The explanation is rather simple: roughly 75% of these were returned and re-issued, altered or simply melted down, according to statistical works published by Bernd Döbel.

mvoritter1.jpg

mvoritter2.jpg

Edited by saschaw