News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This is an interesting question.  Our German members may have the Rangelist or other records.  I just read over the week end, in the newer Verlag book, The German Generals,  that he assumed the rank of Generalfeldmarschall in about 1900, at the 'insistence' of the others of that rank (very few at that time: v. Haeseler, v.der Goltz, and v. Bock und v. Pulach. can't recall the other one).  One imagines the several seconds of  mental anguish as Willy II pondered that decision but happily, he did accept and promoted himself to field marshal.  It's interesting that his venerated grandfather never took that rank, remaining a Generaloberst with the rank of  Field Marshal.  He also declined wearing the Oakleaves to his Pour le Merite Grand Cross.

So, that highest promotion would likely not be in the 'official' records.  Or is it?

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 years later...

I'm a bit late here, but as you all spoke of a "3rd class" of the Hohenzollern House Order... what Wilhelm II is wearing here, and by the way, for everything else, the precedence would be wrong, is a special "small cross for the princes of the house", and belongs to the Princely House Order of Hohenzollern, not to its Royal branch!

:whistle:

On 16/01/2015 at 20:54, filfoster said:

I have not seen this medal before; does anyone have a photo?

Not only photos, but even one fine example for sale, if anyone might be interested to obtain the Royals only type of this generally rare medal:

02931 b2.jpeg

02931 c2.jpeg

Edited by saschaw

1. That's probably correct and I have a good copy of that to switch out on this bar.

2. Yes, I found a decent replica of this wedding anniversary medal and mounted it on this ribbon bar replica. The ribbon was not easy to find, although now I have seen it offered online. 

Edited by filfoster