News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Decorations of the Republic of Serbia (2009)

Golden Medal for Merits awarded to the 250th Air Defense Missile Brigade on November 24, 2015. That unit managed to shoot down F117 and F16 during 1999. It's one of the rare units awarded with Order of the People's Hero, its ribbon is incorporated in brigade's emblem.
    MJV_5519.thumb.JPG.cb5a601f456f8751780149f3d74f1300.JPG
    250_Raketna_Brigada.thumb.png.721ed5a400cd2d9bfacfbfc3e3f470e0.png

• Replies 195
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm not mistaken the following units were decorated with the Order of the People's Hero:
    -124th Police Intervention Brigade
    -37th Motorized Brigade
    -125th Motorized Brigade
    -549th Motorized Brigade
    -63rd Parachute Brigade
    -126th Air Surveillance/Intelligence and Guidance Brigade
    - 250th Air Defense Missile Brigade

Edited by paja

What's up with the symbols of current Republic of Serbia? Royal crown and lilies on the coat of arms, crowns on the awards?

There's no monarchy, do these royal items really belong to the state seal/awards?

Many republics also have flag and/or coat of arms with crown, orb and scepter, just to name a few, Russia, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Hungary, Romania, Czech Republic...

Edited by paja

• 1 month later...

Agreed! Most of the Croatian awards look like they were designed by a bunch of kids. I wish our governments had consulted with collectors and artists before making awards. Also I wish our governments had consulted us on other more important matters. :D

I wasn't thinking about Croatia in particular, some of our neighbors have far worse looking decorations, don't want to offend anyone so I won't mention any names :)

• 2 months later...
    • 3 years later...