News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bavarian 2nd Jäger Battalion Bier Krug

It is beautiful Chris. How difficult are WW1 unit steins to find these days?

Much easier than 20 years ago.... somehow it is one of the first Militaria fields that began to lose its base.... The old guys who used to collect them died away and for many of the more boring ones really came down in price.... The Jäger one did not come down in price, bu have not really increased in over a decade and a half....

Yes, which is ironic as the Beer Steins are actually receding as a collecting field. Most of the Stein collectors seem to be older collectors, circling the drain, and the newer collectors are more into badges, field gear and Uniforms...

I am no expert but have been told that sought after units hod their price, as do very byooootiful Krugs... but many bog standard ones have slipped in price....

I was thinking this could be an opportunity for someone to corner the market. Really assemble a nice collection of krugs. But like you, I'm happy with one. Besides, display space would be an issue.

Actually, I have two since my wife bought me a reproduction in Berlin when we lived there in 1984; it was our first Christmas as a married couple and she thought it was nice since it was German, beer related, and artillery. At that time, I wasn't into militaria; so, the idea of looking for an original never entered her pretty little head. We used to go to the flea market a lot - but I mostly collected coins at that time and spent my time in that area. Ahh, if we could only go back in time.

Talking about regimental steins. Many years ago, in the early 1970s, I broke my grandfather's bad.Feld.Art.Rgt.50 Stein from 1906. We played with it in the attic when I broke part of the pewter lit. It was still around for some years. Finally my mothers got rid of it. My parents saw no value in militaria.

• 5 months later...

HI,

optically not as pleasing as the first one, this came along.... what was really nice abozut this was he was in the 2nd Reserve Jäger battalion in 1916... and wounded on the 23rd of June 1916 in the attack on Fleury at Verdun (of course, not nice for HIM).

The Alpenkorps attack on Fleury on the 23rd of June os one of "the" dates for WW1...

Am very happy with this Krug :-)k1.thumb.jpg.236b6a32bd105c5fec25f07ffdek2.thumb.jpg.a8ceeac01df7cd46a7acdb3c2bfk3.thumb.jpg.7051aa5d6e685fdfdc00f2a612ak4.thumb.jpg.0316a6c13a66f1ad53ab2183f62

Very nice items.

Here my two pieces.

One has lost his Lid for a metal-collection at the war.
    It was replaced with a beatiful porcellan-lid in the 20th.

Both mugs have a little hole on the lower side.

k-DSC_0001.thumb.JPG.2ec7a35f718915916bek-DSC_0002.thumb.JPG.7b8d0bb8a4cdaddaf0ek-DSC_0003.thumb.JPG.83d605714f0320a5e24k-DSC_0004.thumb.JPG.d5f23e344c8f45ada84k-DSC_0006.thumb.JPG.da54a38d5e8676ea08ek-DSC_00182881.thumb.JPG.16a108d63c7ba6dk-DSC_00202883.thumb.JPG.fe0f0ee420a7fc2k-DSC_00212884.thumb.JPG.795c8192752a03ck-DSC_00222885.thumb.JPG.d0dae5178b6844b

Edited by spolei