News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian Order Neck Cross ? looks like St. Anna ?

Hokuto

Good morning everyone,

I was wondering if anybody have some informations about this neck cross, Authenticity, which order, class, and Value price maybe ? i don't really know about Russian Orders so it would help, thank you.

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Good Day. This is early and rarely found version of order of St.Anna 2 kl. with diamonds/crystals (if not a fake of course) to non-Christians (with an eagle),civilians(without swords). About authenticity, well... by photos and without provenance it's not possible to say(to me). Good luck.

These were awarded into the 20th century, I know that some were awarded for the emperor's visit to Toulon. The worrying bit is the non-Christian eagle for every genuine one there are dozens of copies. the images are not clear enough to be certain, however if the award can be provenance to a Japanese recipient then there is a reasonable chance that it could be right (various awards of Russian orders were given to Japanese recipients at the time of the Boxer rebellion.

All the best,

Paul

I'm not sure how they made these variants, but I don't like the image of the central eagle, most that I've seen have a nice relief that reflects the eagle  on them, the eagle itself isn't covered with a glass cover, they pop out at you, I've yet to see one that has a "glass" cover over the eagle (as this variant seems to have).

The pictures aren't the greatest as Paul has suggested as well.

Has it been tested for gold content or diamonds evaluated?

Looking at it again, the ribbon certainly looks of some age, the problem with these pieces is generally (although not always) they are not marked in anyway and unfortunately many of the buyers of these sort of pieces are not particularly knowledgeable and rely on 'so called' experts who make quite a decent cut. The trouble is if one of them, for what ever reason, decides they don't like a piece, whether it is genuine or not, then the others tend to follow sheep like and the piece is condemned for eternity. Certainly a provenance, preferably documented would be of great help (and better images).

Paul

Looking at it again, the ribbon certainly looks of some age, the problem with these pieces is generally (although not always) they are not marked in anyway and unfortunately many of the buyers of these sort of pieces are not particularly knowledgeable and rely on 'so called' experts who make quite a decent cut. The trouble is if one of them, for what ever reason, decides they don't like a piece, whether it is genuine or not, then the others tend to follow sheep like and the piece is condemned for eternity. Certainly a provenance, preferably documented would be of great help (and better images).

Paul

​Is there a similar piece we can compare it to at least? The photos aren't that great, but it would be nice to see similar non-Christian variants and compare their features.

This order is being offered on Yahoo Japan with some more detailed pictures. If one looks at these, in my opinion it is not made of gold. A hallmark "D" is shown on the upper eyelet for the ring. There is also a close up of the center piece and it certainly looks like the eagle is covered by something like glass.

Pieter

• 4 weeks later...