News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Nice BoH

I just received this nice documented BoH.  Nothing too special, with the exception that this man's efforts contributed to the Soviet government in a manner which prompted the award.

Can anyone please translate the person's name?  Are there any known decrees that match this date that could provide some possibility on what it was awarded for?

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

' alt='' class='ipsImage' >

Incidentally, what's the date of the award? Not that it will help, but you never know!

Most of my co-workers at RIA Novosti were awarded BoHs after the 1980 Olympics. Yes, I will admit to geeking out and asking them about their award ceremonies and so on. :)

Badge of Honor 1.525M with document awarded 3 JUL 86 to Abulladjon Jamalitdinov.
    At least I found the name.  :-)

Thanks Dave!  I would like to know about their ceremonies as well.  Also, what type of role did they fill in the Olympic games to qualify for the order?  Was a truly a freebie give out order, or did they perform some significant roles?

Edited by Paul R

Paul:

Sorry, I completely missed your request to translate the name. D'oh!

Anyway, everyone on the translation/editorial/writing staff at RIA received the BoH and the supervisors and managers received the RBL. The Moscow Olympics was a really big deal, so they got the award for their news coverage of the event. My manager had been with RIA for several decades and had several awards of both medals. However, she was rather intimidating so I never got up the courage to ask her what they were for!

Dave

• 8 months later...