News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

osmanieh order with brilliants

utopis

Here are 2 pictures of Osmani Order.

You can easily see the difference. Obverse: writing  Reverse: The drums and flags

The one with sabers is also a fake. But to be sure check the above differences.

Please also see the threads about fake Osmani and Mecidi Orders in this forum.

Best wishes

Demir

osmani 1344 Commander's Decoration (3rd class), neck badge, silver, gold & enamel. Averse medallion with gold onlay, crescent & star above, with suspension loop..jpg

osmani 1350 Knight's Breast Badge (5th Class), silver, both sides partially enamelled. Averse medallion with gold onlay..jpg

osmani_1344_Commander

osmani_1350_Knight

• 3 weeks later...

Hello , 

1 - The one with the diamonds can be a foreign made piece , but I also DO NOT like the gold ( or golden ) border .. The front Center and the back looks good .

Very hard to say without taking and examine it in hands ..

Diamond Osmanie Orders are NOT related with Mr.Demir 's above pictures ...  Diamond Osmanie's enamels , crescent , back and front MUST BE different from the regular Osmanie Orders ... You can NOT compare a Diamond Osmanie with a Regular Osmanie Order , in brief , diamond Osmanie's are not just the versions of a normal Osmanie Order with diamonds between the arms ... 

Below i am attaching a PERFECT ( Probably French Made ) ORIGINAL Example of a Diamond Grand Cross Osmanie Order .

2 - The Osmanie Breast Star Utopis posted , with the SABERS / SWORDS , is an ORIGINAL Piece .

Regards , 

Avsar IBAR

osmani3.jpg

osmani4.jpg

osmani6.jpg

Edited by avsaribar

Hi,

I posted the Osmani Order photos to show the difference on both sides; writing and design.

If you compare the original post with Mr. Avşar's Osmani Order with brilliants you can see the difference in the workmanship, finishing, the design on the drum, flags etc. I still insist that it is a recently made one.

For the one with the swords the Order was genuine but the sabers have been added in a later date this can be understood from the entry point of the saber pieces. The holes have been cut larger in order to attach the saber pieces, in the original ones the holes are not this large. I think Mr. Avşar has also indicated this in one of his previous threads in this forum also.

Regards

Demir

Dear Sirs ,  

Those 2 orders Mr.Utopis posted , i do not know if they are from his collection or he wanted to buy them that is why he asked our opinions but what i have to say is ; 

It is NOT good for collectors and never gives a positive wish to collect ,  if we blame on all items ! UNLESS IT IS GUARANTEED FAKE !

As i mentioned the one with diamonds , it must be investigate better ... But all the Osmanie or Medjidie orders are NOT same , all the Makers ; Ottoman / French / British even Italians ( Italians Also made Medjidie Orders ... ) had different styles ...

But i also still insist that the Osmanie Order with Sabers is an Original Sabered piece , btw , all the Swords added later , the matter is if they added in the period or today ...

In that example which Utopis posted , The holes are NOT very big as the fake ones , swords looks OK , patina is Ok , dimensions are Ok and proportions of the swords are Ok  !!!  This is a GOOD PIECE . The holes maybe just a little big , but it is NOT a problem , we have to examine everything and make a complete calculation to decide the authenticity ... 

Regards , 

Avsar 

Edited by avsaribar