News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Originals or replacements. ..

These medals look like replacements to me but can someone give me a definitive answer ? My reasoning is the position of the top of the crown in relation to the base of the suspender and the quality of the engraving ...thanks Chris 

' alt='' class='ipsImage' width="1000px" height="736px">

The naming certainly appears to be the modern laser type, as apposed to the engraved type that one would expect on a medal of this vintage? But having said that, replacement medals have a little R on them to denote them as replacements. Perhaps these are in fact copy medals that have been privately engraved?

I've also just noticed that they appear to be named 4143839 JR JACKS, which is incorrect, it should be number rank surname initials unit. This coupled with the laser naming, I'm happy these have been privately bought and named. They still have a tale to tell I'm sure, but from a collectors point of view they aren't worth a great deal.

Thanks guys, I believe recipient is RAF they come with three other medals too....as in the photo...