News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sv Sava Diamond

Hi everyone, a couple months ago I  followed some French auction and noticed something very unusual  Order of Sv Sava never seen before , small  peace was missing , prices estimation between €3000&€4000 WOW !!!! Use google translator I learned that it was a diamond places in side the order , but when clock stops on €15 500 I nearly fell from the chair I could believe !!!!!! Does anyone know anything about such orders ???? Link http://www.gros-delettrez.com/html/fiche.jsp?id=4604786&np=1&lng=fr&npp=10000&ordre=1&aff=1&r=Serbie

' alt='' class='ipsImage' width="1000px" height="733px">

' alt='' class='ipsImage' width="1000px" height="733px">

Nice Bertrand Star 1914-21, the designs for the star (and the badge) in diamonds is illustrated in Car and Muhic's book on Serbian Orders Page 219. A major rarity, the price of 15.5k Euros does not surprise me in the least.

Paul

Thanks for the link!

There's topic on GMIC about one more Bertrand's brilliant St. Sava Order like that: 

That one was awarded to Queen Maria of Romania, unfortunately photos are still unavailable...

Thanks to everyone for the detailed answers , but does someone knows how many of those kind awarded to the people or Royal Families ???

​All the records for orders and medals for Serbia/Yugoslavia were destroyed in the German bombings of April 1941, a bomb hit the chancellery of orders and that was that, no more records of recipients, producers etc. No one knows how many of these beautiful pieces are in existence.

Looks like someone added the outer part with diamonds on cockade.

​Have to agree, it looks almost exactly like the same type of addition as that Turkish order in the other thread.