News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I managed to nab another minesweeper from the same auction that the Schwerin U-Boat badge, I recently posted, came from.

This example is from the factory of Otto Schickle - Pforzheim, and is an early piece in tombak. It has a "Been there" bit of wear.... but anything early, in any condition, by this maker, seems to be getting harder and harder to find nowadays.

Anyway, minesweeper by Schickle.

schckle_ms_fr800.thumb.jpg.7842f21a09ca6

That is a very uncommon and desirable Minesweeper badge John.

I have seen one of these bages with an L/18 mark on the mainpin,probably leftover Schickle stock that was picked up by Mayer in Pfortzheim when Schickle went under.

I have a very rare Schickle Hilfskreuzer award with the same reverse set up,one of only three i know of.

Regards,Martin.

Edited by Martin W

Sorry John,

again i have tried to post images here on this forum with no luck.Every time i try,i get "upload failed".

What am i doing wrong ????

This is very frustrating.

Regards,Martin

Edited by Martin W