News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Silver token

mihaizaha

Dear all!

To the members of this forum,more experienced than me.Please help me identify this silver token.

Sorry  for the quality of the picture.

Thank you in advance!

Mihai.

token 037.JPG

Edited by TacHel

What you have there is a "Jeton".  Or at least it try to appear like some kind of 100-year commemorative jeton.  Usually they are made with a high amount of skill.  This one seems to be crudely made.  The inner shield border is uneven.  The royal eagle insignia is blandly reproduced.  I presume you didn't show the reverse because its flat and unmarked (that is OK, that is period construction), but if you could show the reverse on this one, it may lead to some more discoveries.

It does have 2 hallmarks. The piece does not belonged to me. It was offered,at a cost off course. Its 100 years from the annexation of Basarabia. In my opnion the piece its OK.Crudly made but not fake.Only my opinion.this is the reason I m asking you .Unfortunately its the only picture that I have.Asking price about 500$.

Mihai,

I have seen a higher grade of this jeton in gold and enamels about three years ago. based on that piece while obviously not as glitzy it looks perfectly genuine to me. As to the price, not cheap but not expensive either.

Paul

Wow.  Great.

Certainly an interesting piece to be connected to the annexation of that corner of Romania.  I don't know anything on the history, but I presume that after the Tsar pushed Napoleon out of Russia he keep advancing and took this little piece too.

I would like to see the hallmarks when you can get a photo of the reverse.

This jetton was issued by Chisinau general counsil of trade (общая ремесленная управа) in commemoration of c100 anniversary of the annexation of Bessarabia by Russia.

Silver.