News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Different Ribbons for bavarian Bravery medal ?

Chris,

first off, wonderful display of bravery awards.

i think the widths are typically for the following but I've seen button hole ribbons of various widths.

35mm- medal ribbon 

30mm- button hole and sometimes on medal

25mm- ordenspange and sometimes button hole

25mm- ribbon bars, typically short bars of 3 or less

15mm- ribbon bars, typically 2 or more

image.thumb.jpg.25d9b368a3f05e1aa8ada5ccimage.thumb.jpg.097000af5e3dc4b0a85fe8d9image.thumb.jpg.92d6dbd56bcbbd35baab2c90image.thumb.jpg.7c1c4dc3e5d0a309045a86bb

Oh, and I've often thought that the wider ribbons were for higher grade awards like the UK but don't know that the be true. It seems many Max-Joe orders are on very wide ribbons.

not my medals, from Internet 

Edited by ccj

Hello,

I think the 35mm ribbon is from the first awarding. In the 30th, there would be manufactured different kinds of bars, so you need
    different sizes of ribbons. look here the bars of my relative. Upper was made of the original ribbons. The medal is a post-war production.The original is lost. Most time he wear the TM seperate from the bar.
    The small bars are made from the 15mm ribbons and the lower ribbins are about 20 - 25 mm.

August.Schrein.JPG

Edited by spolei