News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Small Local Group Wehrkreis Reit und Fahrschule X Soltau

Hello Jock.

Thank you for showing this group. The wound badge in silver for one wound  indicates that he was severely wounded in early 1945. This could have been through air action but he he may have possibly been transferred to another unit which is indicated only by Feldpost Nr. for which I do not have the codes.

It seems he was specialized on horse riding and/or driving

so that he served at the Soltau based school for riding and driving ( horse drawn vehicles).

An unusual first name I have never encountered. He first served in Inf.Rgt. 65, a component of 22.Inf.Div. based on Bremen.

Bernhard H. Holst

Edited by Bernhard H.Holst

Berhard,

I have lifted the info from an excellent link that I got from WAF a long time ago,

'26.10.1944 Regimentsstab und Einheit Grenadier-Regiment 295.'

Here is the link,

http://www.stampsx.com/ratgeber/stempel-datenbank.php

You need only enter any feldpost number into the box third from bottom, you will of course need a date to interprit which unit owned the number at any specific time.

Chris,

He got injured a bit late in the day around Berlin way, so perhaps 'admin' was not quite up to speed with regard his possible EK or that doc has been lost as this is an Antik shop group?  Sadly this is all I have so I suppose that is all that is and ever will be available.

Jock:)

Edited by Jock Auld