News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Early Para cap badge

Hi,

I think you know that there are only three insignias without flag.

In my opinion (I do not know it exactly) the older ones are still wearing their "Without flag" insignia, because it looks better. But I do not know what the ZDv 37/10 says.

Here the most soldiers of the German-French-Brigade wear the French type without the flag, mostly because this insignia is made in chrome-style. The chef-en-second once told me, that he wears the French and the commander, a French, wears the German with flag, because of showing their respect to each other.

Michael

SL370901.JPG

Hello!

Those beret-badges were introduced in 1969, when the Jäger recieved the green beret, the paras (Luftlandetruppe = Fernmelder and Parachutists) a bordeaux-red one, and the tank-troops a black one.

The national-flag came out in 1979.

Here is the ZDv 37/10 with a supplementation from 2014

ZDv 37-10.pdf

ZDv 37-10 Ergänzung 2014.pdf

Edited by The Prussian

No, I did not know as post war stuff is not really my thing.  I have a few pals that collect it.  I will ask them then what the other two are.

One of them told me that these were early badges without the flag, that is his belief, I shall break it to him gently!

Cheers

Jock:)