News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bojidar Pouritch

An interesting Sorlini Sava 4th  came my way. It is in its original case and the original cardboard box of issue. Inside was a visiting card in French "Bojidar Pouritch,  Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary to the Kingdom of Yugoslavia" I have discovered that he was appointed to Paris in August 1935 and was also a League of Nations delegate for the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. A man of the same name appears as minister in Chicago and later Washington, who at one stage was engaged to a wealthy socialite but it was broken off as she found he was not of noble blood, are they one of the same? and another of the same name who was prime minister at some stage. I am not certain as it may be a relatively common Serb name. Any information gratefully received more out of curiosity than for any other reason.

Paul

His name reminds me a lot of when I started collecting a couple years ago, and did a couple research, could it be that this St. Sava was mentioned on another forum, as I recal vaguely a similar story that was presented (Married American socialite, later divorced etc.) ?

• 3 months later...

I stumbled upon much larger image (than one on wiki) of him doing some unrelated search online.
    Underneath the same photo on wiki is written that it was made in 1935 while he was an ambassador to France.
    00.thumb.JPG.9b913de07328c4f4be61f014d8d