News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hat display

I am rearranging  my first militaria showcase, with my Belgian stuff this time.

Like I already stated; I like the way things were dispayed in our national museum.

But I had difficulties in displaying caps on stands, so I made slightly conical ovals out of a very thick MDF, fixed them on a pole with a foot and that is it.

To me it works well!

Have to camouflate the base, but some extra military stuff will take care of that problem very soon.

;-)

|<ris

petstands 002.JPG

petstands 004.JPG

petstands 007.JPG

petstands 008.JPG

Edited by Stuka f

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 weeks later...

It just hold like it would hold on a head.

The mdf plate is slightly conical and oval just like the form a head would be, so it holds by it self, without pressure or tension.

cheers

|<ris

Yes it fits the sweat band and doesn't rest on the top.

The inside of the MDF has a silky touch, but still retains a soft cap in place .

You realy should try it!

cheers

|<ris

Takes a bit of effort & organisation.

Helmets I'm happy to stick on top of individual household tissue rollstands, I quite fancy the systems that you & Chris have made for caps. A variation on those would be useful I think . Along the lines of a square wooden base with an upright pole in the centre along one edge. with two or three horizontals coming off the upright so you can have caps "layered" above each other. Instead of wood, I'm thinking of copper or white plastic piping & jointing......

Takes a bit of effort & organisation.

Instead of wood, I'm thinking of copper or white plastic piping & jointing......

​Suum cuique! ;-)

To each his own. No effort to me, at the contrary; it's a distraction to me!

And organisation? Need to show that to my wife!!! (lol!!) 

I am sure there are more and better ideas to be elaborated.

I once made a dummie with pastic piping and joints, once, and it worked fine indeed.

cheers

|<ris

There was a very short article in Militaria magazine years ago. using lengths of wood bolted togethert so that it was articulated - it could fold in to a square shape or drop open to form a flat "skeleton" & hang like a coat hanger with "arms" & "legs", dressed in tunic & trousers. I never got around to that either........

• 3 months later...