News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NCO’s in three different „outfits“

Hi,
    I have a photograph from 5. Sept. 1915 (Ruhelager Borrieswalde, Argonnen), with three NCO’s in three different „outfits“.
    Right is a vereinfachte Feldrock, in the middle a Drillichrock M1910, but the „jacket“ with the breast-pocket? (a kind of Sommerrock or Windjacke ???) 
    Welcome your thoughts! ;) Thanks and best regards,
    Jens

02ArgonnautenDetail.jpg

01Argonnauten1A.jpg

Hello Jens!

I´ve seen that jacket before. I think it´s one of the Drillichjackets, Kraus describes in vol.I, pages 235-236. There are different Drillichs mentioned, so I think, it´sone of them with a "self sewed-on pocket".

Was it ususal to waer an EKII on a Drillich?

Hi,

I am guessing the EK ribbon was not usually meant for the Drillich, but Artillery Units seem to have worn a lot of Drillich during the war... maybe more than was initially planned for the Drillich. If it became a "standard dress" as opposed to just a "Fatigue duty" dress, maybe they began to wear the ribbon?

Hi Andreas, hi Chris, thank you for your answers! :beer:

Hello Jens!

I´ve seen that jacket before. I think it´s one of the Drillichjackets, Kraus describes in vol.I, pages 235-236. There are different Drillichs mentioned, so I think, it´sone of them with a "self sewed-on pocket".

Was it ususal to waer an EKII on a Drillich?

... you are right, there are some different Drillichjackets - but he is also wearing shoulder boards. (I think Drillich are without shoulder boards - or?)

Hi,

I am guessing the EK ribbon was not usually meant for the Drillich, but Artillery Units seem to have worn a lot of Drillich during the war... maybe more than was initially planned for the Drillich. If it became a "standard dress" as opposed to just a "Fatigue duty" dress, maybe they began to wear the ribbon?

​... good point - I don’t think about the iron-cross ribbon! The card is from the Infantry-Regiment Nr.145. (on the right side is Vizefeldwebel Arthur Gerlach (vereinfachte Feldrock).

One idea; maybe the guy on the left is wearing officers shoulder boards (like a Feldwebel-Leutnant)??? 
    So he is wearing some kind of „officiers-summerjacket“ (with officiers-shoulderboards and iron-cross ribbon) ???
    Is this possible? Thank you and best regards, :cheers:
    Jens

Schulterklappen.jpg

04ArgonnautenBack.jpg

Edited by KIR