News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello to everyone,

I picked this medal bar up at last years MAX show.  It was missing the middle medal.  I had asked around to see what medal would go with the bar and got two answers, either an Order of the White Falcon or a Prince Luiptold medal with crown.  The next show I attended I found a 1905 Price Luiptold medal with crown.  I thought that since this was a Bavarian bar and there seems to be a cut at the top (where a crown or loop would be attached) of the red ribbon I thought the Prince Luiptold would be the logical choice.  Can anyone please confirm this for me.

Dean

IMG_0158.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

Edited by Signalcorps45

Andreas and Paul,

Thank you both for your confirmation that I did put the right medal on this bar.  Do either of you have any idea who this bar would be issued to?  A military person seems very unlikely, perhaps a servant or good friend of a royal family?

Andreas - I think you have the most unique medal bar.  I have never seen a St. Michael medal with a crown and there is the 40 years of faithful civil service.  I am not sure what the 2nd or 5th medal would be.

Dean

Hello Signalcorps,

a very nice bar. Please turn the Luitpoldmedal to the frontside.
    Which yearfigures shows the bandeau under the crown?

I think this bar will be a civillians-decoration. The Luitpold shows the red ribbon for civillians. The Michaelmedal
    was given to officials and civillians.
    Propably a bar of an musician or artist for example.

Andreas bar is very, very nice.
    The second medal was given for the participants of the golden wedding of the bavarian King Ludwig III in 1918.
    The 5th medal, I can not really determine.
    For me it looks like the ribbon for a bavarian Landwehr- servicemedal
    The beautifullest medal is the silver Luitpoldmedal with crown, I like it very much.

Edited by spolei

Hello Dean,

I think you´re right with some sort of servant.

The 2nd is the Goldene Hochzeits - Jubiläumsmedaille and the highlight on 5th

is unfortunately missing it´s the Goldene Ludwigsmedaille für Wissenschaft und Kunst.

Regards

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

thats a great bar. The ribbon on the 5th ist very blurred.
    Thanks for the resolution.
    That bar would be for a superscript person.
    Do you have the Luwigsmedal which belongs to this bar?

The owner got the Ludwigskreuz for 40 years of duty, so I think he would be a scientist in a bavarian
    Research Institute or similar.

Edited by spolei

Spolei,

Can you explain what you meant by "Please turn the Luitpoldmedal to the frontside.
    Which yearfigures shows the bandeau under the crown".

I thought I had the medal correctly positioned.  I agree that it was a civilian that received this medal bar.  Perhaps artist, musician, family friend or loyal servant.

Hello Dean,

I think you´re right with some sort of servant.

The 2nd is the Goldene Hochzeits - Jubiläumsmedaille and the highlight on 5th

is unfortunately missing it´s the Goldene Ludwigsmedaille für Wissenschaft und Kunst.

Regards

Andreas

​Andreas,

Thank you for your help.

Dean

Hello Andreas,

the Ludwigsmedal was missing as I got it from private, they made some teeth from it.

The recipient was Professor Bruno Hoyer

​Now you have to decorate the bar with golden teeth :-)

What kind of scientist was Professor Bruno Hoyer?

I only found this name at wikipedia for a musician in the bavarian Staatsoper (Hornist)

Regards Andreas