News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1944 Hungarian Soldbuch

Usually I collect German Soldbücher & Wehpässe but a couple of weeks ago I saw this Hungarian example and liked the photo in it (and it was cheap) so thought that I would go off on a tangent with regards to the collection and buy it. It is dated for 1944 and while I have no knowledge of the language I don't think it mentions any units that he was assigned to. I think it just contains personnel information but I could be wrong - and if I am I would be grateful for any information. These are the only pages with entries.

BENES_001.thumb.jpg.29f87db2dfbbd034c9b4BENES_002.thumb.jpg.27288d105a66a85f2b69BENES_003.thumb.jpg.e52517c207ccfd494a5fBENES_004.thumb.jpg.08a91eac335c2c458754BENES_005.thumb.jpg.05963225e44c78cfbc4c

Name: Béres Mihály

Unit: 7th "Zrínyi Miklós" Infantry Regiment III. Bat. 8th Co.

Service Number: 1679 22 0091 ( according the note, he was born in Kiskunfélegyháza, however the first four digit of the service nr. means a little parish Kőröstetétlen

Religion: Roman Catholic

Profession: Shop assistant

Residency: Kiskunfélegyháza
    3d page: description of person (hair: hazel, eyes: grey, height: 160 cm, nose, lips: normal, face: oval, eyebrows: brown, chambered) and size of the uniform and gas mask

4th page: blood group, vaccination

5th page: changes

6th page: tours to the operational area

7th page: data of the next of kin

Edited by Markgraf

I checked the interweb some years ago. the village of my yugo army & W-SS man. I think it was just inside the Austrian border. There were a couple of addresses there with occupants of his surname. I didn't post those details given his W-SS service. come to think of it I don't think I posted a thread on the books.

Edited by leigh kitchen

• 1 year later...