News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The old EK collectors problem......if you get one you want to have them all! So here's my new Meybauer "FA" cross with crossplate.The date and the crown are matching perfectly to my Meybauer pinpack! That's all your fault,Mike...... :beer:

Micha

Very nice crosses you have there, but the box doesn't fit to the cross as it reads another maker as the cross does. The box is for the awarded piece, the Meybauer is presumably a private purchase. Still very nice ... :beer:

@Dond-yes,the one with the hooks is a Godet.

@Sascha-for me it seems to be that Knauer not only made FA crosses,it looks like he also was a retailer-I've seen a few cased ones I would also call private purchased.....but anyway,it came in this case and it will stay there.

Micha

The old EK collectors problem......if you get one you want to have them all! So here's my new Meybauer "FA" cross with crossplate.The date and the crown are matching perfectly to my Meybauer pinpack! That's all your fault,Mike...... :beer:

Micha

My fault, or another Mike?? :blush::lol:

So you ended up with it eh. I only dabbled on that one because I already had both components. Nice cross and case! I saw a similar example, if not the same, on eMedals a few months ago and came close to buying it.

I would agree that the wartime Knauer award should probably go in it though - they do only just fit into the case though, unlike the Maybauer which is a looser (dare I say better) fit.

Two great items though :beer:

Regards

Mike

PS: That Godet is still an absolute killer variant :love:

@Dond-yes,the one with the hooks is a Godet.

@Sascha-for me it seems to be that Knauer not only made FA crosses,it looks like he also was a retailer-I've seen a few cased ones I would also call private purchased.....but anyway,it came in this case and it will stay there.

Micha

Micha,

Excellent example, actually excellent examples. The cased FA with that configuration screw back is pure top shelf. :speechless1:

You are the one I mean,Mike :D While watching the pics of your fantastic collection I decided to follow you collecting EK equivalents.And as long as I can't find EK variations I haven't got........... :cheers:

Micha