News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Latvian Air badge

• 2 months later...

Its not a fantasy.These are 50 years of 12 assault group, Latvians.

Those that served in 1944 in German aircraft.

Well, we obviously don't have the same opinion and I believe a wartime pic will show how I am wrong but not, IMO, a WWII badge, if commemorative postwar, that I don't know

Certainly postwar. 50 years of 12 assault group.

Hallo ilja559 :beer:

thank you for your input, can you tell us of any sources or reference material where the information is contained, we are always looking to learn more, especially about items we have not seen before now.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Hallo Kevin.Soon there will be a book on the Latvian badges. My friend has shown some badges at a forum. The description in Russian if not clear I shall translate.

http://sammler.ru/index.php?showtopic=11095

Some very nice and unusual badges and medals there. Never seen most of them before.

Thanks for the additional information on the Latvian 12th Assault Group 50th anniversary badge. Looking at the pictures I could see that it is well made, no-one would go to that trouble for what would be regarded amongst 99% of TR collectors as an oddity or a fake (even though it is not strictly TR).

I note that they have included the swastika, but then again, lets not go there... :rolleyes:

Regards;

Johnsy

Edited by Tiger-pie

Hallo Kevin.Soon there will be a book on the Latvian badges. My friend has shown some badges at a forum. The description in Russian if not clear I shall translate.

http://sammler.ru/index.php?showtopic=11095

A book on Latvian badges ? I always dreamed of such a publication .....

Do not forget to give the title, ISBN and references of this book when published! And thank you for the link.