News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

This just got here today in the mail, all the way from jolly ole England biggrin.gif, sold to me by a member of this forum. It's the remnants of thhe medals and awards belonging to Leutnant zur See Heinrich Neimeyer. DKiG winner and U-Boat Commander.

Edited by Laurence Strong

Guest Rick Research

Need his biographical information? Lost of ships sunk? Etc? ninja.gif

he was actually Oberleutnant zur See der Reserve (1 February 1944)

Guest Rick Research

"U-Boat Net" probably has lots more. This is just what I have:

Born 15 June 1910 L?bej?n, Sachsen-Anhalt

Navy in "Crew X/1939" and final rank as above

Watch Officer and Acting CO of the 15th Outpost (Vorposten) Flotilla June 1940 to September 1942 ("Minesweeper" badge)

Submarine training September 1942- February 1943

1st Watch Officer of the highly successful U-515 from February 1943 to March 1944, during which time the following vessels were sunk (I have nationalities, types, and longitude/latitude but that too much to type on such a sweaty night)

March 4, 1943= California Star

April 9, 1943 = Bamako

April 30, 1943 = Corabella, Bandar Shahpur, Kota Tjandis, and Nagina

May 1, 1943 = Clan Macpherson, Mokambo, City of Singapore

May 9, 1943 = Kanbe

November 18, 1943 = Chanticleer (not sunk, reached port but a total loss and scrapped)

Commander U-547 16 April 1944 to 6 January 1945 (though sub taken out of service at Stettin 31.12.44 due to mine damage suffered 13 August near Pauillac in the Gironde estuary)

June 14, 1944 = Birdlip, Saint Basile

German Cross in Gold 20 August 1944 as CO U-547 (apparently on total points including however shared U-515 scores?)

Construction Instruction while Type XXI U-3532 was being built 7 January to 14 April 1945 and although not officially commissioned, left Danzig with tugboat "Passat" to Hela 11-12 March 1945 and then took refugees from there to Kiel 16-19 March 1945

Commander U-1223 15 April 1945 to end.

Not a member of the postwar MOHeV so I have no civilian occupation or marital info. "U-Boat Net" probably has his death date.