News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Communist Romanian Air Force, Grade Insignia.

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

I recently acquired this set of Romanian Communist Airforce Mechanics Grade Badges.

The badges differ in the Numerals on them, Number 1 being the highest Grade of proficency.

Size: 50mm X 38mm.

In the center of the insignia is a small enamelled Romanian Communist cypher

Fixing system: Vertical Broach fastner.

Plese note: The number 1 badge is a maker variation having a smooth back and longer pin than numbers 2 & 3.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hallo Carol I :beer:

thank you for your post, but, I am told the Romanian Communist military grading system ran like the Romanian school grading system where exam results are graded 1 - 10, (and 10 being the highest).

Romania Military proficency being graded as 1 - 2 -3, with the more exams / tests being passed.

Also my wife who worked in the Romanian Airforce as a ground to air radio operator with a radar unit also explained the significance of the 1- 2 - 3- badges.

Post edited as I have found out my statement with regards the grades was incorrect. :blush:

Edited by Kev in Deva

OK Kevin. My statement was based on a work on Romanian aviation badges, so if that was wrong, I am also wrong.

Hallo Carol I :cheers:

I have an email address somewhere in my office for a Mr. Marcel Iliese whom I believe is connected with the Romanian Air-Force, as soon as I locate it, I will send him an email and ask for clarification with regards the 1- 2 - 3 significance.

OK Kevin. My statement was based on a work on Romanian aviation badges, so if that was wrong, I am also wrong.

Hallo Carol I :cheers:

just had a talk with my wife Adriana with regards the Numbers indicating the Class of specalist and she confirmed you were right, where I got the cart before the horse, was with regards the specalist examinations / tests, which are graded the way the schools do it, i.e. 10 points is first place, 9 points is second place, 8 points is 3rd place.

I will edit the earlier posts.

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused, but I am not fluent in Romanian and Adriana is not fluent in English, so mistakes happen.