News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all !

I have just bought this photo and wonder if there is any possibility the put a name on this officer

He dosn?t have a lot of medals but I wonder if the finnish connection could give a clue?

Iron cross II class, Hamburg Cross , Honorcross, Finnish Order of Liberty cross 4th or 3rd class 1918, and Finnish civil war medal.

He has 4 broad stripes on his arm a that makes him ? what .....

Anyone good at imperial navy uniforms?

Every help would be appreciated!

Sorry!! saw that I write "Kriegsmarine" in the heading should of course have been Reichsmarine.... (blushing)

All the best from Sweden

Christer

Edited by Bayoswede

I probably should wait for the experts to come in, but I'm pretty sure that is not an Imperial Navy uniform. I think it's from a merchant line.

Thanks Mike, you gave me the link in right direction :cheers:

Sometimes you just need a little oush to see the answer.... He is in a Norddeutscher LLoyd uniform !

but wearing all his WW1 medals, I think that Kriegsmarine took control of the NDDL during wartime , anybody knows more?

Thanks again Mike , I will keep searching

Christer

Guest Rick Research
    Sometimes it works out. The key here is his uniform. NOT too many NDL Captains with Finnish service 1918. :catjava: