News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

MK2 Award Date ? For Seeheld

Guest Rick Research

I just realized that I have exactly ONE medal bar and ribbon bar set whose original owner is identified-- but I have no idea when he got his MK2-- or if he got an MK1:

This set belonged to then-Kapit?nleutnant zur See der Seewehr I (later char. KK zS dSW1 aD) Paul WIEHR (1868-after 1939), in the late 1920s Commodore of the Hamburg-Amerika Linie, commander of their flagship "Albert Ballin."

Do you have the date and assignment for his MK2? :beer:

If computer-format issues can ever be resolved so the Hamburg Hanseatic Cross roll can be transcribed, that will reveal his award date for that one too.

Completing his very odd pre-WW1 peacetime awards-- he also had a PERSIAN Order of the Sun & Lion-Commander grade!!!!

This was the first medal bar set I ever got from George Seymour, a million years ago.

Guest Rick Research

I am not REALLY asking about this one, since I am stuck at 26 names out of 34 EH3bXs in this division.

I just don't know how you have organized your computer transcriptions--

CAN you search by units?

Illustrating "it is better to give than receive," in the 80. Reserve Division, there was a unique pairing af MECKLENBURG RIR 266 and ALTENBURG RIR 264. However NO Mecklenburgers :( were given the EH3bX by Saxe-Altenburg, so this must be a "Mecklenburg was nicer" award to an Altenburger.

ONE member of RIR 265 in 80 RD had the EH3bX-- Lt dL Rudolf FRANK

The following officers in RIR 264 (Altenburg) cannot yet be eliminated as potential suspects, though I am now going tpo search through the Prussian officer fatality rolls:

Bachmann, Kurt Lt

Br?dern, Erich Lt dR

Deckmann, Hugo Lt dL

Egel, Wilhelm Lt dR

Engelage, Karl Lt dR

G?nther, Hermann Oberlt dR

Homann, Heinrich Lt dR

Immisch, Paul Lt dR

Joeschke, Karl Lt dR

Kerme?/Kermess, Kurt Lt dR

K?cher, Louis Lt dR

Krisch, Artur Lt dR

Kunze, Ernst Lt dR

Lotze, Otto Lt dR

Pruchtnow, Werner Lt dR

Radmann, Werner Lt

Runge, Hans, Lt dR

Schlemmermeyer, Leo Lt (of IR 153, Lt aD after the war)

Schmutzler, Edwin Lt (sic--dR or dL-- there was no Prussian regular)

Schreiter, Friedrich Lt dR

Strauss, Dr.med. Hermann AA dR (survived war)

Thies, Wilhelm Lt dR

Voigt, Richard Lt dR

Vollbrecht, Willi Lt dR

Wiedig, Bruno Lt dL

so I just wondered whether searching by unit might reduce this :speechless1: list?

------> the Ultimate Goal, of course, is the COMBINATION of every single 1914-18 award roll to identify groups like this one. :catjava::rolleyes::ninja:

Guest Rick Research

Aha! AS I loiter (little violins) all alone and noplace to go Christmas Eve (sniffle) I remember a THREEFER--

Here is the ribbon bar of Dr. Karl BEUTIN, Ministerial Sekret?r of BOTH the Mecklenburg-Schwerin State Ministry for External Affairs AND Secretary of the Mecklenburg-Schwerin Orders Chancery, worn as a Hauptmann dL I during the war:

1) he recieved the Mecklenburg Griffin Order-Knight SOME time between the May 1913 and May 1914 editions of the Army Rank List

2) He is still listed at his pre-war job in the 1917 Hofkalendar so what did he DO during the war to earn

Combatant MK2 and

3) L?beck Hanseatic Cross?

I know (snuffle) Santa will not be bringing me anything tomorrow, so MAYBE I can finally fill in some inoformation on a ribbon bar I've had for 20 years?

:catjava:

Guest Rick Research

He thought so. Remember-- Mecklenburg had its own rules (see "Mecklenburg Rules" in the Ribbon bar Article over on the other side of this website)--

<a href="http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?autocom=galler...=si&img=850" target="_blank">http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?autocom=galler...=si&img=850</a>

German wartime awards

German peacetime awards (he has arranged them by highest class and biggest "country" down)

Long Service

Foreign.

I forgot I had TWO identified "One Name" Mecklenburg groups. :speechless::catjava:

He thought so. Remember-- Mecklenburg had its own rules (see "Mecklenburg Rules" in the Ribbon bar Article over on the other side of this website)--

<a href="http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?autocom=galler...=si&img=850" target="_blank">http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?autocom=galler...=si&img=850</a>

German wartime awards

German peacetime awards (he has arranged them by highest class and biggest "country" down)

Long Service

Foreign.

I forgot I had TWO identified "One Name" Mecklenburg groups. :speechless::catjava:

Both are SWEEEEET Is that a White Falcon at the end or a foreign award?

• 2 weeks later...

Aha! AS I loiter (little violins) all alone and noplace to go Christmas Eve (sniffle) I remember a THREEFER--

Here is the ribbon bar of Dr. Karl BEUTIN, Ministerial Sekret?r of BOTH the Mecklenburg-Schwerin State Ministry for External Affairs AND Secretary of the Mecklenburg-Schwerin Orders Chancery, worn as a Hauptmann dL I during the war:

1) he recieved the Mecklenburg Griffin Order-Knight SOME time between the May 1913 and May 1914 editions of the Army Rank List

2) He is still listed at his pre-war job in the 1917 Hofkalendar so what did he DO during the war to earn

Combatant MK2 and

3) L?beck Hanseatic Cross?

I know (snuffle) Santa will not be bringing me anything tomorrow, so MAYBE I can finally fill in some inoformation on a ribbon bar I've had for 20 years?

:catjava:

Hi Rick,

Dr. jur. Carl Beutin received the knight cross of the Griffin Order in Schwerin as Ministerial- und Ordenssekret?r at the 09.04.1914.

Regarding the MVK 2nd class I have actually no matches. But my list is veeery long and no alphabetic sorted.

regards

Seeheld

Guest Rick Research

:cheers: for the MG3 date!

If your computer program can't sort alphabetically, I am sure Daniel can make it do that. MUCH easier to find a name by looking for just one than going through EVERYBODY the way my late guru George Seymour used to for every new group. I never could get my friend Neal O'Connor to stop listing the awards in his aviation books chronologically rather than alphabetically, either.

There is nothing quite as satisfying as finishing 4,000 or 5,000 awards and hitting the "alphabetize" command and watching all that work make itself perfect! :jumping:

• 4 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

From the Mecklenburg-Schwerin State Calendar 1916:

Dr. Beutin as Secretary of the Mecklenburg-Schwerin Orders Chancery (note yet ANOTHER set of glyphs and abbreviations used-- MG3 and MK2 listed first as Mecklenburg awards)--

and in the same issue, as Secretary of the Ministry for External Affairs (note "LD2" above and "LD1" here-- :rolleyes: )

Dr. Beutin was also Secretary for the Administration of Mecklenburg Highways and for the board of the Mecklenburg Discipline Chamber for Non-Technical Civil Servants...

while obviously off at the front doing SOMETHING in some military unit. (There must have been a LOT of day to day stuff NOT getting done back home! :speechless1: )