News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

anyone care to comment?

The tab is not original to the buckle, SS never came with tabs put some soldiers added them for support. I would put value at around $600 - $700 ( but I dont collect SS so get a couple of answers)

Edited by Ben

Hey....When I look at the buckle....I get a bad feeling....I really don't think that SS buckles were maker marked that way...Weren't they all RZM marked too????? I don't recall seeing JFS make SS buckles. When they were maker marked - wasn't it also just a number? My example - though a salty one, has the RZM, the SS symbol and 155/40 The fact that the tab is not original (I agree Ben) to the buckle also leads me to beleive that it's meant to deceive!

Stay away - I say!

Cheers!

Rob

Rob, sorry mate but JFS did make SS buckles, JFS and RODO were the only companies not to use the RZM stamp and numbers markings for their buckles, I have enclosed a picture of one for example :D

Edited by Ben

Hey Ben! Well - there you go! Great to learn about that! I knew about RODO...never heard of JFS though. I too am not that well versed in SS buckles....way to expensive in my opinion. I have one example for my collection and that's about it. Would be nice if that first example was real - strange that it would have that tab added to it though....

Cheers - and thanks for that info!

Rob

ps......what are you doing with those SS buckles Mr. Heer???? hahahahaha ;)

Hey Ben...I THOUGHT it was a fake...because I had never seen the JFS markings on an SS buckle before....but you obviously know more than I do about SS buckles...your previous post put my worries to rest....still strange though that the tab would be from a different maker.....All my examples are from the same buckle maker....do you have examples of buckles that are made by one company with tabs attached that are made from another company - and that are period. I could be off here as well....it's just that I don't have buckles with a different tab on them.

Could that have been added post war?

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob, I must have read it wrong, I thought you thought it was a fake still. The buckle is a good one Rob, and quite a rare beast. It was not uncommon for soldiers in the SS to have tabs sewn on for support. If you look at the stitching on that one IMO it is period done. Obviously the tab canme from a Dr frank Heer buckle at some point. When it arrives I have just bought a Water Police buckle by CTD with a 1943 dated tab, for the one of the Holy Grails of buckles, I will post pics when it comes :speechless1: