News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The current high bidder is none other than our old friend, maker of erronious ribbon bars & medal bars.

AM-Militaria

My guess is we'll see these mounted on a new batch of his fake bars coming to eBay soon

GOSH, what a surprise

While we are on the subject:

He is also offering these. I know zip little about these, but have a vague memory of a BDOS "Falshcung" article @ 2-3 years ago about them. I would HATE to see them go to Der Fraudmeister":

What do you chaps think: Bone fide or modern copies?

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

I think I can see the Austro-Hungarian wartime "*" base metal mark on the back of the Gold Liakat Sabers Bar, and it looks like maybe a silver mark on the reverse of the Silver Imtiaz Sabers Bar, but these scaans are so crappy that's it.

Betcha these came from some thrifty 1930s tailor shop who kept the spare parts as he remounted medals German style-- those later bars used replacement Sabers Bars like the ones with splints since the Ottoman slide ons wouldn't work with German doubled ribbons.

I suppose our new Turkish friends who are spending what is for us INSANE amounts of money on these awards will ride to the rescue

though in a way, I'd love to see The Vile Sausage Maker actually STUCK with these, at a cost so high that he could not possibly EVER recoup his outlay in the manufacture of his revolting garbage fakes.

I have been hoping for Biblical retribution of the struck dead by lightning in the street sort, but such happy miracles no longer happen in our degraded times.

Guest Rick Research

The curved ones? Bits out of the center ring of a Medjidie Order-- there were 4 around the Sultan's cypher.

• 1 month later...