News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The most amazing photo of Manfred von Richthofen is up for sale at EBay.

Richthofen Sanke

What it is most amazing about this Sanke Card is not only that it is signed by the Baron himself, but he must have returned from the dead to sign it. The black border around the card indicates that he was already dead when the card was issued. It is a commemorative card.

He was a great man indeed, but I do not think he had supernatural powers.

What a nerve of this idiot to offer this on EBAY without realizing this.

• 3 weeks later...

Isn't that a cross after his printed name, signifying he is deceased?

Mark C

Indeed, that's a cross! He was very dead when he signed that photo.

There were 3 bids and it was sold for over $3,700 !!!!!

I feel very sorry for the buyer. This is really bad.

Edited by GMU

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: WHAT do these morons do for a living that they can so cheerfully throw SO MUCH cash away? :speechless:

Poor but not stupid is some consolation, but I think I'd try rich and unable to dress myself unassisted for a change. :rolleyes:

Hi,

The cross after the name is known as a Todd Cross and signifies that the subject of the card is deceased, as does the black border. Additionally, this is a very poor copy of Richthofen's signature. the only thing about this sale that is ok is the price...$4K is what a original Richthofen signed Sanke could bring.

Gary B

Edited by Gary B

Hi all,

I have acquired the following important document through a dealer, who in turn got this from the sale of the state of a well known collector who died last month. It was informed to me that this collector got this memorable document from a cousin of a friend of the Richthofen Family. This is indeed a breathtaking document.

mvrjoke2wl1.jpg

I am willing to sell this extremely important historical document, signed by Manfred von Richthofen himself, which proofs that the great ace was shot down from the ground thus ending with a 90 years controversy for the bargain price of US $3,000. Proof of authenticity: The dealer guaranteed its authenticity. Just look at the provenance of this document.

Moreover, I swear that that is Richthofen?s signature. I challenge anyone to tell me otherwise.

Anyone interested?

Anyone?

Cheers,