News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Italy/Albania - HELP FOR ITALIAN ARMY IN ALBANIA

Hi Artan!

I know it is not of much help, but in the photo with three men, with one man in civilian dress between the two uniformed officers looks like he could be wearing the Albanian badge for the Greek & Yugoslav campaigns in 1940-1941. Unfortunately, other than that, there is not much I can add.

As a side note, the photos you have been sharing have been fantastic! Thank you very much for sharing them!

Cheers,

Eric

Hi Artan!

I know it is not of much help, but in the photo with three men, with one man in civilian dress between the two uniformed officers looks like he could be wearing the Albanian badge for the Greek & Yugoslav campaigns in 1940-1941. Unfortunately, other than that, there is not much I can add.

As a side note, the photos you have been sharing have been fantastic! Thank you very much for sharing them!

Cheers,

Eric

Hi Eric,

I thing that this is the badge of the PFA (Partito Fascista Albanese). The person wearing it is an Albanian person, and the Albanian badge for the Greek & Yugoslav campaigns in 1940-1941, was reserved only for the Italian military personel.

Regards,

Artan

Bottom pic looks like M.P.'s. 1 is a corporal. Great pics! Thanks for posting them! The enameled badge is super. Never seen that badge. Only thing I have is the commerative badge for the Albanian Campaign. And I am a Italian collector. Rich A. in Pa.

Artan----Your first and second pictures include persons in the Albanian-Italian Civil Government uniform of the 1939-43 period. [Those with hat badges of double-headed eagle surmounted by Italian type crown.] Several references describe this uniform; the easiest to obtain is from an Italian Militaria magazine. I am traveling but will post the magazine name and number in about a month as I do not remember it. Terrific photos!! Thank you for posting them!

I do not know about the other photos.

Bottom pic looks like M.P.'s. 1 is a corporal. Great pics! Thanks for posting them! The enameled badge is super. Never seen that badge. Only thing I have is the commerative badge for the Albanian Campaign. And I am a Italian collector. Rich A. in Pa.

Hi all,

Nooo. Is an PFA badge, not an Italian Greece War badge.

Attatch, another photo with the PFA Badge.

Regards,

Artan

Rich,

The two guys in this foto certanly appear to b carabiniere. The guy on the viewers rught wears the carabiniere cap badge and they both wear the carabiniere collar tabs. I think the chap on the viewers left is a vice-brigadiere (equivalent to an infantry sargeant.

Regards,

Gordon

Rich,

The two guys in this foto certanly appear to b carabiniere. The guy on the viewers rught wears the carabiniere cap badge and they both wear the carabiniere collar tabs. I think the chap on the viewers left is a vice-brigadiere (equivalent to an infantry sargeant.

Regards,

Gordon

Dera Sir,

Yes they are carabinieri, in a photo of 1942 in Kosovo, when Kosovo was part of Albania. But the problem is: what is the badge on their breast?

Regards,

Artan

Artan Lame,

That is a good question and one I would like to know the answer to. Probably a privately produced divisional badge. The Italian army is famous for producing medals and badge for individual divisions and even entire armies. Too bad the picture is not clearer.

In 1934 metal arm shields were authorized for wear in the Italian army. There was a considerable number of differently designed shields for different units. In 1938 they were changed to cloth shields and all shields should have been removed from uniforms by 1940 but lax enforcement of the regulations led to shields being worn well into the 40s. It is very likely that whatever unit these carabiniere were assigned to no longer wore an arm shield but wished to continue to distinguish themselves by wearing a metal shield on the lapels of their tunics which would readily identify their parent unit. Just a guess on my part but I think a plausible one.

Regards,

Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Artan:

If I may ask, is that Shevket V?rlaci wearing the PFA badge?

Cheers,

Eric

Hi Eric,

You are right. He is Shefqet bey Verlaci, in a photo of 1939, when he was primeminister of Albania (1939-1942) under king V-E III.

Regards,

Artan

• 1 month later...

http://www.forum.uniforminsignia.net/viewt...445b7cfabd5773b

A useful site for Albanian unifirms plus some nice pics!

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your information. I know this site, but it is so ?superficial? for an Albanian.

I am writing a book for the ?History of Albanian Uniforms 1912-1990?, but I thing to finish this book about the year 2050 (!!!). I prepared a great number of tables for this book. To give you an idea, I attach to you one of this tables.

Regards,

Artan