News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Friendship Medal

Guest Darrell

Really . . . :o

Terribly glad to have one, then. :beer:

*SOMEONE NEEDS TO READ THE THREAD TITLE ---- MONGOLIAN AWARDS :banger: "

Sorry ... thought you meant the Order of Friendship of Nations "Soviet" award .... :blush:

Edited by Darrell

Any ideas on price Ed?

If it helps: I got mine a while ago for around 100 USD. Haven't seen that many on the market recently though (unlike for instance recent tsunami of virgin land cultivators) so I'm holding on to mine as if I paid a lot more for it :P

Odd though... more than 10.000 of these awarded yet where are they? Sometimes this is just a bit odd, similar to the Soviet Mother Heroine order... 500K awarded yet it is not that easy to find one with booklet / award document at all.

If it helps: I got mine a while ago for around 100 USD. Haven't seen that many on the market recently though (unlike for instance recent tsunami of virgin land cultivators) so I'm holding on to mine as if I paid a lot more for it :P

Odd though... more than 10.000 of these awarded yet where are they? Sometimes this is just a bit odd, similar to the Soviet Mother Heroine order... 500K awarded yet it is not that easy to find one with booklet / award document at all.

THanks I have the ability to purchase one so I didn't want to pay to much.

Edited by rboomsma

I paid $125 for mine about a year ago.

One of the very rare items I bought from the well known NJ dealer.

The next one he listed, right after I bought mine, was listed for $150... none on his site right now.

Obverse:

Dolf

Edited by Dolf

Nice scans Dolf! This is one of the medals that has intrigued me... always wondered what constituted award criteria....

Rick,

I thought these were (still are?) awarded only to foreigners, hence the difficulty to find them in Mongolia.

But as Jan says above that "Most of these were, and are still, awarded to foreigners..." I'm not sure anymore.

It seems logical that a Mongolian Friendship Medal would be awarded to foreigners, not to Mongolians, right?

As for the award criteria I also don't know, but most probably for foreigners that helped Mongolia in some way I guess, but unfortunatelly no details :(

Dolf

Yes, I'd assume that most would have gone to friendly Warsaw Pact countries or to places like North Korea and, thereby, vanished because no one knew or cared what they were. Ever worse for the documents, I fear. A few probably would have gone to Mongolians involved in international relations (though, on quick glance, I can't find any in Battushig).

As I understand it, the Medal of Brotherhood in Arms (# A 59, sorry I don't know the Mongolian name) was awarded on a more balanced basis.

• 2 months later...

I actullay got about 25 mongolian medals and orders for selling some of items. So it was a very good deal for me. :beer:

Ron,

Wow! So it was even a much better deal than I thought!

These Friendship Medals are not among the easiest to find and they are certainly not among the cheap Medals either!

Best,

Dolf

Edited by Dolf