News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet medals in Berlin

I took some pictures of awards for sell here in Berlin. It's really interesting when you can buy your medals somewhere else than on Internet. The only problem is that the prices you see are in Euros. :(

I'll try to look if I can't find something for me this weekend. Hope it will be affordable.

IPB Image

Edited by Soviet

Those people must be crazy. 15 EUR for a 50-years Soviet Army jubilee medal? 95 EUR for regular second type GPW 2nd class? :speechless:

Well, it's their own business. I can only wish them good luck in looking for some fool who would pay that much :D

I knwo who is the seller of the orders and medals posted by Bryan. The point is that prices (his and others') increased a lot these last months because their main market is now Russia, where they can sell ALL (including very rare orders) at very high prices!!!!

The secondary effect beside the skyrocketing prices, is that the dealers keep the good stuff for the Russian market, and it is sometimes difficult to find interesting items here..

Ch.

High prices could be understandable for unique and rare orders. But not for the regular medals that shown on the pictures. I'm visiting Kiev, Ukraine every summer. This is the main marketplace on the area of former USSR and all prices are created there. But regular medals are still cost nothing in Kiev. You can by 50 year Army jubilee medal for 3 USD in Kiev. BTW you can buy it for 5 USD even on EBay. So what is the reason to put the label with 15 EUR on the medal? This is only for the stupid tourists who don't know real prices and buy Soviet awards as a souvenirs.

Once again - all you said holds true for RARE orders - small BHs, triangles RBLs, GOZNAK RSs, non-riveted Lenins, some "polkovorets" orders of 1st and 2nd class. But not for this garbage shown on the picture.

For some things like 3rtd class Hm or Nahimov medal prices even going down slowly, because supply is exceeds demand.

Edited by MONDVOR

(...).

For some things like 3rtd class Hm or Nahimov medal prices even going down slowly, because supply is exceeds demand.

That's good news...

The pics shown by Soviet display boxes that are visibly here for "tourists"; as I agree, only these could buy these simple medals at such a high and unreasonable price.

Ch.

That's good news...

The pics shown by Soviet display boxes that are visibly here for "tourists"; as I agree, only these could buy these simple medals at such a high and unreasonable price.

Ch.

We have the same place in Kiev. Special street in a historical part of the city were lots of foreign tourists walking around. And the prices are 4 to 5 folds from regular ;)

For the display boxes I would say they are either belong to Paretsky or Gruzlak. I don't know other German dealers who are still on the market. Am I right?

We have the same place in Kiev. Special street in a historical part of the city were lots of foreign tourists walking around. And the prices are 4 to 5 folds from regular ;)

For the display boxes I would say they are either belong to Paretsky or Gruzlak. I don't know other German dealers who are still on the market. Am I right?

You are right. ;):P

Ch.

Mondvor,

It's no big surprise, everything (and I mean everything!) is expensive in Western Europe. I don't know about prices in Estern Europe, neither for Medals or anything else, but here nothing is cheap if compared with US prices... :mad::(

I bought stuff from Paretsky years ago (don't know that guy Gruzlak you also mention!) and he never sold his stuff cheap anyway :(

Dolf

Mondvor,

It's no big surprise, everything (and I mean everything!) is expensive in Western Europe. I don't know about prices in Estern Europe, neither for Medals or anything else, but here nothing is cheap if compared with US prices... :mad::(

I bought stuff from Paretsky years ago (don't know that guy Gruzlak you also mention!) and he never sold his stuff cheap anyway :(

Dolf

Eastern Europe is now just as expensive and they tend to scope the internet to check prices...no deals anymore.

Chris

:(

I went to the shop again today. I was interested in a small documented group.

Order of the Great Patriotic War 2nd Class (1985)

Red Star - High serial number

both with the order book without picture

Medal for Stalingrad (with the doc)

Price 250? :o

I could get better deal from American dealers when I'll be back in Canada. Too bad everything is overprice. I'm willing to buy, but not at inflated prices like this.

Guest Rick Research

Both of my usual sources (St Petersburg and Kiev) from the "good old days" in the 1990s report that they simply can't buy anything to resell any more over there--

no sense in PAYING there what things sell for HERE... and there is also a "problem" getting things out of the country with having to run the gauntlet at airport customs of officials who help themselves to items because...

your plane is leaving, go ahead, MAKE a fuss. :angry:

I haven't gotten a uniform in several years. Plain "ordinary" WW2 groups with an Orders Book (Red Star, Valor Medal, couple of documented campaign medals with paerwork) simply don't get through any more. I agree, not "rare" but... unobtainable.

Every so often I turn up a REAL ribbon bar over here, but just as many parts fakes exist for Soviet ones as for German ones. It's got to be a year plus since I've found one of my favorite type: the painted underneath solid "D" profile plastic/glass ones.

The supply of ordinary stuff has just been squeezed off. :(

It will be very interesting to see what happens to the main Soviet medal sites in the US of A....in the near future with demand High in Russia...I for one do not buy anything any more....just to expensive.

Chris

That is easy to say for the older collectors: "I do not buy that much these days". but the situation is different when you are a new collector. You have to face those silly price and listening to people speaking about the good days. :speechless:

That is easy to say for the older collectors: "I do not buy that much these days". but the situation is different when you are a new collector. You have to face those silly price and listening to people speaking about the good days. :speechless:

Fair comment...and even I now kick myself on what I thought then was expensive!

Chris